• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel consumption BOOST vs. na

T
Jan 4, 2011
Anyone know how fuel efficient the boost sleds are?

Fuel capacity is down to 11 gal. And no lock and ride fuel can accessories is a bit disappointing.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Fuel consumption is such an interesting topic.

Even when I ride with another bud on the exact same sled, we burn different amounts of fuel. Everyone modulates throttle differently, and so many little nuances make the difference.

My turbo 850 doo burns roughly the same amount of fuel as a non turbo doo on an average day, but I think it's because I need less throttle to achieve the same track speed as a N/A with all things equal.

When it's deep and everyone is just pinned the whole time, the turbo burns more gas.

But I have a bud on an axys 850 that always burns a gallon more than everyone, so like we always say on the internet: YMMV!

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
For all intensive purposes fuel economy will increase with turbocharging. I expect the same and would be genuinely blown away if not.

References, literally any and all common knowledge on the subject agrees with me. *f skidoo only they could mess this up, and I mean that. watch the new polaris boost get even worse fuel economy than doo hahahaha (doubtful, highly!)

**my race gas turbo BD set up pro gets well over 20mpg if I'm putting around town or Sunday cruising. However I can drain my 3.5 gallon tank in two pulls on this hill... doing. This -

Shamless plug- support those who support you new content next decade or less, maybe.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Premium Features