• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Front trenching need help bad

Nov 8, 2014
Ny
Hey snojet i thought my indy had the higher 1" front spindles ? I guess not ! , and yeh i got a new set of fox shocks and springs and the only thing i need left is slydog ski's and the spindles

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Hey snojet i thought my indy had the higher 1" front spindles ? I guess not !
well maybe you do, i dont think you said what year it was yet. i just saw the oil tanker skis and thought older, but im more used to rmks, i guess they still used those on later model shortracks?
slydogs look cool. if you start comparing skis, youll notice a difference in the distance of the ski deck and mount hole, so be careful there too, wouldnt wanna lower it more.

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
the 99 700 rmk had 1" taller spindle I used them on mine worked good , sounds like you need new shocks to start set the sled flat lift the rear the track should come off the ground all at the same time . Keep front shocks stock length !!

Nov 8, 2014
Ny
Will 7" or 8" slydog or c&a skis make that much of a diffrence in powder ? Rather then my old stock ones ? Also im thinking 8" because this sled does weigh 470lbs shes a little heavy, would i notice a difference with ski's on it ? will it float that much more? its a 1997 indy

Last edited:
Premium Features