• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Front Track Shock Adjustment

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Ok, so I just got a Matryx that is not a Khaos. Let's pretend that I want it to act a little more like a Khaos and wheelie a bit more. I just go ahead an crank down on that spring on the front track shock right?

I apologize, I'm sure this has been well covered, but it was probably years ago and is deep back in the archives somewhere that I will never find it.

Mxracer39

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2014
Maine
I did put Exit shocks on my Pro Rmk 155, but I still tightened my front track shock a full couple turns on the shock preload and I have my rear shock spring loosened just to the point where it is almost completely loose, then snugged it back a touch.

mrooks17

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2021
Ohio
Ok, so I just got a Matryx that is not a Khaos. Let's pretend that I want it to act a little more like a Khaos and wheelie a bit more. I just go ahead an crank down on that spring on the front track shock right?

I apologize, I'm sure this has been well covered, but it was probably years ago and is deep back in the archives somewhere that I will never find it.

Stiffen the front and soften the rear to increase ski lift. If you want more lengthen the front limiter strap

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
Khaos has 180# rear spring and Pro has #210, would help some more if the above doesn't get you where you want to be

blindman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
is the stock matryx shock long enough for the kaos limiter strap? have seen conflicting statements on this

blindman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
thank you Kylep, stock 23 165 boost it has the velocity shocks. i dont need a lot just want it easier to lift the skis when needed. .

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Thanks guys. I don't want to go too crazy with it. I mean, if I wanted a Khaos, I should have just bought a Khaos. I didn't. But I would like to find some happy middle ground, so I will tinker with it a little bit at a time this way. Thanks for the input.

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Tighten the front and loosen that back, if you want more you can buy the Kaos conversion kit from ice age and I believe it's affordable. You don't need the rails. Limited strap and a different eye lit for the front track shock.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
It's likely the Pro's have the shorter Velocity FTS, but it's not a big deal to have the spacer removed....then you'll have the correct length FTS to simply run a Khaos limiter strap, no other mods needed if that's as far as you'd like to go with it.

Premium Features