• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Front Suspension size/replacement 2016 M8000 sno pro

B
Dec 14, 2010
Hello All,

Unfortunately I found about a 12”-18” rock in the snow yesterday with my ski. Wasn’t going very fast but from what I can tell it bent my upper A-arm in a bit toward the back of the sled and spindle bent inward toward the machine. Lower a arm and tie rod look to be straight

Local power ports dealer looked at it and agreed that I should replace those two parts.

Did the 2016’s come stock with the 36” or 38” fronts? Anyone know a good source for the parts? Best price I’m finding is $180 for the spindle and $150 for the upper a arm on line. Local dealer wanted $280 for the spindle

Last edited:

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Sorry for your bad luck, that sucks. 2016s came with the 36" wide front ends. If color isn't important to you BDX has a set of silver spindles and blue upper arms in the garage sale section of their website.

B
Dec 14, 2010
Thanks for the info. When I look in the classified section, there are hardly any parts for sale. Where can I found the garage section?

On a side note I did find a new white spindle on eBay for $175 that I ordered. Parts are so darn expensive

B
Dec 14, 2010
Thanks I’ve got some stock parts coming this weekend. Did some google searching and couldn’t find a video going over replacing the spindle and upper a arm. It seems pretty straight forward but does anyone know of a video or post on how to?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Pretty straight forward. Hammer and wood block on top of old spindle with the old upper a-arm attached and lower ball joint nut removed will dislodge the lower ball joint pretty easily. Use blue Loctite on the upper bolt holding the a-arm to the spindle (don't overtighten and strip it). I de-grease the shank on the lower ball joint before installing. This really helps it seat and keep from spinning while you're trying to tighten it. Tipping the sled up onto the side you are working on and jumping on it can help seat the lower ball joint shank too.

Premium Features