• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Front subframe Nytro

L

Linc

Nov 17, 2002
Pemberton
www.visionms.ca
:mad2: So 5 kmh and i found a rock, that didn't move, spindle, lower a arm and… front subframe. Ugh, does anyone in BC have a good used subframe for sale?

Thanks
Linc

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Im not in BC, but I have a front clip off of a 2008 MTX that I would give you a sweet deal on.

N
You can straighten out your subframe for much cheaper. Take a large pry bar or steel bar of some type and bend it back to where it was. Then order a gusset kit that can be purchased and have it welded in and your subframe will be much better than new. There is a lot of information on this on TY4stroke forum. I have a gusset kit in mine and hammered a pressure ridge on the lake going 60kms/hour and bent my a arms and shock with zero damage to the subframe.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
How bad is it Linc? Is this an 08? For what they cost up there you should probably think about fixing it, unless it's totally trashed, which at 5 kph, shouldn't be the case. Heck, I hit an alpine tree at around 25 mph last year and bent upper and lower a arms, tie rod, shock, but subframe was OK with the exception of upper shock mount, which was slightly tweaked. Like Pete said, Grizztracks makes a gusset kit for them.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Linc,

Do you ever make it down here to NW Wa. state? I have one off of a 09 XTX thats in pretty good shape, if its tweaked it's not by much. I swapped it out for a chrome moly one during my Nytro weight loss project.
I sold the Nytro and now it's just taking up space in my shed. I'll sell it cheap if I don't have to box it up and ship it!:thumb:

Bill

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Linc,

Do you ever make it down here to NW Wa. state? I have one off of a 09 XTX thats in pretty good shape, if its tweaked it's not by much. I swapped it out for a chrome moly one during my Nytro weight loss project.
I sold the Nytro and now it's just taking up space in my shed. I'll sell it cheap if I don't have to box it up and ship it!:thumb:

Bill

Maybe you can meet him at the fence?!!!

Premium Features