• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Front bumpers

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
+1 for Skinz/Rasmussen.

Looks better, works well, bomber.

brandon227

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2010
North East Wyoming
I have friends that are hard on things and they run the cast skidoo bumper and swear by them.
I personally have 2 sleds with the Rasmussen bumpers and I have nothing but good things to say about them.
My turbo this year will have the Smithgrade on it. the Smithgrade is super stout to say the least.
You can run an extreme skid plate with the Rasmussen bumper. I run the bash plates from skins and no skid plate on my setups.

96-ramair

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2012
Anyone running the BMP bumper?
Yes, I have 3 sleds with the Backwoods front bumpers, and one with the Doo XC Cast bumper. Both have served me really well. For Backwoods, the "SP" or skidplate bumper that works with the full Doo Skidplate works very well. But if you're using the new Doo Extreme skidplate, you'll need to modify it to work with the BMP "NSP" (No Skidplate) bumper, and it's still a tough fit. The BMP NSP bumper fits very tight between the a-arms, and a factory skidplate gets in the way. For my '21 turbo, I'm using the BMP NSP bumper, skipping the factory extreme skidplate, and using RPM Composite bash guards for the brake and chaincase.

B
Nov 2, 2009
Gents, in new to the skidoo world coming from poo - lost my first stock bumper - in folded and crumpled - but did it’s job. Put another on....from seeing how they mount and how the aftermarket ones mount - with transmitting more force back to the module - is it a “thing” that the module would break or the tabs that the bumper ties into?

Just curious what your views are. There was a fix kit for
Polaris when the tabs would break. Not sure about doo.

C
Oct 5, 2009
Vail, CO
Put on the Exo front and rears from BM Fab a few weeks ago and love em! Front bumper integrating with the full skid plate was a PIA though. Resulted in me removing the skid plate, drilling a 4" hole with a hole saw in it and wiggling the bumper back through the hole sideways before riveting the plate back on and tightening the mounting bolts. Burly as hell front end though, small trees and/or children wont stand a chance and nice big grabbies for when I er, my friends get my sled stuck

Premium Features