• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Freeride setup

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
We were similar weight when i had my 18 FR 154. Full stiff on all clickers, crank the ski springs until it stops tucking the front on sidehills, 3-5 on the torsions. I never really messed with the rebound clickers on the ski shocks much.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I am similar height and 10 pounds lighter. Front shocks are at 8 clicks of compression. Rear skid springs on 2, 10 clicks of compression. I'd have to double check the rebound. I like mine on the softer side for tree riding.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
In my experience with Doos over 17 of them since 2013. (Sorry, that sounded douchey.) Leave the center shock alone. In 2016 I shortened the limiter one hole and just about killed myself ripping the 60mph trail with bumps on the way out. The 1 inch of shortened center shock travel caused a bottom and bad things happened. It DID work better in the deep though.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Near a city in WA.
I'm about 15 lbs lighter than you. I can almost assure you will like your freeride in the softer settings. Especially in the front end.Will make it easier to ride.These things are stiff .At least my 20 and 21 are...I run mine almost all the way soft on compression setting in the front end for off trail.Cant remember where I ended up on rebound, but once I got it set, I left it alone. Left the springs pretty much in the factory setting.. These things are stiff, especially when new. Best is to play with adjustments, there's lots of them. If it not set up correctly they can be frustrating, but once set to your liking they are awesome.

I'm about 15 lbs lighter than you. I can almost assure you will like your freeride in the softer settings. Especially in the front end.Will make it easier to ride.These things are stiff .At least my 20 and 21 are...I run mine almost all the way soft on compression setting in the front end for off trail.Cant remember where I ended up on rebound, but once I got it set, I left it alone. Left the springs pretty much in the factory setting.. These things are stiff, especially when new. Best is to play with adjustments, there's lots of them. If it not set up correctly they can be frustrating, but once set to your liking they are awesome.

Premium Features