• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Freeride rails Vs Bomber rails..

skank

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
Mountain View, Wyoming 82939
The freeride rails are exact same as the standard summit rails but with a small brace on the side of them. They are no where close to being as strong as the iceage rail or the bomber iceage rail. The freeride rail will support a bigger rider until you land hard on the tail once and then they are toast.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
The Freeride rails are the same as the Summit with an added stiffener at the rear arm mount. Just from appearance, my thought is the Bomber rails would still be stronger. Do you need stronger? I'm 225 and have been riding my summit 154 without stiffeners for 4 years without problems. I'm not a big jumper but don't baby it either.

c_sharp

Lifetime Membership
Jun 2, 2016
Snapchat-1647407025.jpg
20190926_203805.jpgIceage bombers are awesome! I checked with thier customer service after making noodlesof my stock rails. Basically the ice age classics with the rail stiffener will be stronger than the bombers without the stiffener. But if you want bullet proof, bombers with the stiffener! Due the the suspension the weak point needs added width. Something else will break next. Haha

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Why better?

Due to the design of the rail stiffner, It prevents what happens in the above pic, and it way cheaper and easier than swapping out the rails.

For example, bombers are about 800 bucks Canadian. Munster rail stiffners are 280can, and install within a half hour.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Due to the design of the rail stiffner, It prevents what happens in the above pic, and it way cheaper and easier than swapping out the rails.

For example, bombers are about 800 bucks Canadian. Munster rail stiffners are 280can, and install within a half hour.

Caper, do you think the Stock Rails WITH the Munster is STRONGER than the Bombers?

Ace

c_sharp

Lifetime Membership
Jun 2, 2016

Exactly, in hindsight i should have bought a rail stiffener right away.
I bent the 154 rails. Spring riding, cliff drop to rather flat and off chamber..

I dont know if the stock rails with the stiffener are stronger than the bombers, i would say that in that specific spot yes. But the bombers are far strong throughout the rest of the rail. Aka if you hit something under the snow.

Premium Features