• Just a friendly reminder that this is not the swapmeet section and is not intended for listing items for sale. If you are looking to sell something be sure to go down to the Swapmeet section.

This forum is intended for product reviews and posting your impressions of what works and doesn't work with various products.

Freedom Monosuit

906wildchild

Lifetime Membership
Sep 14, 2015
UP Michigan, Helena Mt
Last season I figured that I would try out the whole Monosuit trend that's going on and I didn't want to spend a grand to "try" something out. In my search I came across Castle's "Backcountry" line and their new Freedom Monosuit Shell, an uninsulated, waterproof suit with a three year warranty and for under $500. There is an insulated model available as well and for not much more.

Right out of the box I knew that I was not going to hate the suit, the Ven-Tex 2.0 shell felt very durable, the zippers are waterproof YKKs, and the lime/black/grey color combo looked killer. When I first tried it on I was nervous about how warm it would be, it almost feels like your not wearing anything. I was wrong, when paired with the proper laying, the Monosuit kept me at a perfect temperature all the time.

After riding all last season wearing the Monosuit and another name brand pant/jacket combo 50/50, I found myself more and more impressed with Castles product. I was never wet, wind was never an issue and in the warmest of conditions I just opened a few of the many vents and remained cool. I really can't say enough about the sub $500 Freedom Monosuit, I actually went ahead and picked up a Jacket/Pant combo from Castle for this year to see if it matches up.

My only complaints were your typical "Monosuit" issues: How do I go #2? What if I eat a burrito? I can't take just my coat off? ECT.

If you're in the market for a great Monosuit option that won't break the bank, I wouldn't look past the Castle Freedom Monosuit.

Premium Features