• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Free Avy Classes - CNFAIC.org - Girdwood

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
Chugach National Forest Avalanche Information Center is hosting an avalanche awareness series for FREE at the ranger station in Girdwood starting next Wednesday. They go from 7-8:30. It's a five part series that covers various avalanche topics. I attended 3 of them last year and each one was well worth my drive.

They are also hosting an avalanche awareness talk Dec. 2nd from 6-8pm(again, FREE!). :clap2:

Additionally, they are hosting an all women level 1 class Dec. 17, 18, 19. More information on that class is available @ avysavvygals@gmail.com

I highly encourage anyone who spends time in the back country to attend any session possible. When I attended the Wednesday sessions last year, I was usually 1 of 2 or 3 riders - it was truthfully embarrassing. :noidea:

All the above information is available on their website @ www.cnfaic.org - look on their calendar.

Last edited:
A

AKLankford

Oct 13, 2009
Wasilla, AK
Ya i agree. Id go for sure if they weren't in Girdwood. If they did it even in anchorage theyd get alot high turn out.

Premium Features