• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

Fox or Raptor Shocks?

Has this topic been beat to death? Yup!!!! But it’s summertime, so why not ask.

I can’t decide what to get. I am looking at the Fox coil overs or the Raptor Kinetics?

My usual riding would be some trails to get to the riding areas. Meadows. Sidehills and some climbing. But not long chutes.

Thoughts?

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
I had most last season on all 4 raptor triple rate springs on rebuilt stock stocks cranking tighter and tighter every ride to being at full max and hated them! they were way to soft made a mountain sled that's already tippy on some trails way to hard to handle even more tippy, you had to stop unfortunately in off camber citation the shocks were so soft on first 3rd of the throw took way more effort than stock springs to get back on edge, if you throttlesd still off camber 2 skis down it would dive to fall line.
Probably better on the Raptor shock package but didn't understand why all say stock sleds are spring to soft and the you buy softer springs than stock springs doesn't make sense to me.
I put stock springs felt better. I'm selling the sled but I'd keeping would went to Zbros dual rate.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
I'm running some rapter naked edition shocks. Overall quality is 10/10. The spherical ball bearings help. I'd like to try some new fox coil overs but at the end of the day evol x air shocks are hard to beat.

My rapters do seem soft as well but for most people that's ideal. They will most likely live on my 600 rental loaner sled.

Hy gear would be my recommendation for springs. I'm 220-240 6ft and ride pretty aggressive. So the cmx spec springs that came on mine being a bit soft doesn't surprise me, however much better than zero pros imo. Also made in Montana.
d622b1dfb72a30786f5ba923f7ef576a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Premium Features