• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fox IQS electronically controlled shocks

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
None of the Fox shocks are sold individually. I wrecked one and Chris set me up with a guy who wrecked the opposite one and we split the price on a new set. That's when I actually learned there is a left and right on the front shocks.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
If you base what you buy off “what sponsored riders run” then you will be disappointed. And there are plenty of sponsored riders running them. That means nothing though.

I know two guys who have them and like them. The complains I’ve heard are that the pre sets could have a wider range and that if you take a shock out you can’t just buy an individual replacement shock. You’re buying a whole set.

You are misunderstanding me. Fox riders are not running them on their personal sleds. They could run them if they wanted but are choosing otherwise. That's all I am stating.

P
Jan 31, 2010
Klamath Falls, OR.
Okay..... I am not doubting you because I don’t personally know these gentleman, but what is Burandt, Adams, Skinner, Curtis, LaVallee, Rosco (before Lynx) running?

Are you implying they don’t use IQS or they just don’t run Fox at all?

Since I am trying to learn.... why do you say they are “junk”?

R
Nov 24, 2014
The IQS shocks do exactly as they are advertised, they hold up well. I have a sled sitting 10 feet from me all set up with them. The settings are infinite and when you hit that button you get amazing amounts of change.

Only issue that I would warn you of is that be careful wiring the skid up. When this sled was set up the guy who did it zip tied the whips connecting the track shocks to the harness zip tied them with no slack and well... 300 yards down the trail the connection snapped off on the shock.... and yes fox will not replace just one. The guy who set this sled up is a fox dealer even with that fox told him to pound sand and buy the who set up.

IMO they are not worth the 4k or what ever they cost. I dont really like air so thats most of it for me. They are an awesome product though.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Okay..... I am not doubting you because I don’t personally know these gentleman, but what is Burandt, Adams, Skinner, Curtis, LaVallee, Rosco (before Lynx) running?

Are you implying they don’t use IQS or they just don’t run Fox at all?

Since I am trying to learn.... why do you say they are “junk”?
They are not running iQS on their day to day sleds. It's just a flashy perk that isn't needed. You'll be happy with the plain old QS3s. I just change settings from trail to mountain. You can lock the rear skid out if you are trying to make it up a big hill but I think 97% of people's skill level doesn't justify changing shock settings on the fly. My 2 cents. If you think they are cool and money is not a factor then order them up.

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
I have been running the ARC 2x for 4 yrs now in my pro with no issues. The only thing that I do once in awhile is lube the cable to push out any water build up so it doesn't freeze. I will definetly put one on my next sled.

Premium Features