• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fox Float 3 Evol shock questions

R
Nov 16, 2016
A little over one year ago, I purchased a new pair of Fox Float 3 Eval shocks and installed them on my (at the time) 2013 800 XM.
I ended up removing them prior to selling the 2013 800 XM, and I reinstalled the OEM shocks.
These Fox shocks had approx 160 miles of fairly easy use on them. I did not abused them, nor did I have any accidents.

In August, I sold them (in the original box w/ the pump, instructions, etc) to a man who installed them on his 2014 800 XM.
He has not yet been able to ride his sled, but claims that they are not holding pressure.
They did hold pressure for me.

1..... Any suggestions as to what may be causing this pressure leak?
2..... How good is Fox at correcting something like this?
3..... If you think that Fox would take care of this, who would I contact and where would I send them?

Again, they have 160 miles only of easy use on them.

Rick E.

R
Nov 16, 2016
BBP, you are referring to the little schrader valve, correct?

1604756706162.png

I just read where the blue banded Schrader style valves will handle up to 200 psi.
Your thoughts?????

1604757148930.png

Last edited:

MNBlizzard

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
Duluth, MN
Losing all the air? A big leak would be noticable and likely could mean a bad o-ring. If not, I bet it's user error. He may just be pumping them up and then putting the gauge back on to check which will always lose a bit air with each check.

With the shocks unloaded, put the air pump on, check pressure, and then set to your desired level but adding air or letting some out. Remove the pump and it's time to ride.

Fox will service them but unlikely they will warranty. Good luck.

Premium Features