• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forum update issues topic

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The snotel ticker has not changed for DAYS and is way out of date... Lolo Pass snotel shows 8" and it is 23" at last report, copper camp snowtel shows 13" and is 23", copper bottom shows 2" and is 7" at last report.
Confirmed.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
This one is such a bear to keep working properly.

Will get this one updated ASAP.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Looks like it's good to go again.
Be aware that this feature WILL BREAK again over the course of the season, and probably MANY TIMES.
Each time they make any change to their display code, our system breaks as we have to recode how we obtain their published data.

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
Maybe I'm missing it.......on the message page you have the option to put a check box next to the messages and change the filters but how to you check a bunch of messaged and then delete them? There use to be a delete button at the bottom of the page.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Be aware that this feature WILL BREAK again over the course of the season, and probably MANY TIMES.
Each time they make any change to their display code, our system breaks as we have to recode how we obtain their published data.
Well, it broke again... 38 inches on Lolo Pass snotel, but shows 21 inches on snowest ticker...

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
Minor issue, but been this way since the changeover:

the weekly Hot Topics is obviously alphabetical and dominated by AC stuff that has zero relevance to most of us non-Cats (see what I did there? ?)
3A81A93B-B044-492F-830C-7BC2B7A6D72E.png

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Minor issue, but been this way since the changeover:

the weekly Hot Topics is obviously alphabetical and dominated by AC stuff that has zero relevance to most of us non-Cats (see what I did there? ?)
View attachment 337046
So the system looks for the Threads with the HIGHEST number of VIEWS, REPLIES and REACTIONS.

Those are the current winners.
What would you have me do??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Okay.
I am wide open to suggestions.
Some there won't be a way for me to make happen, but by all means LETS DISCUSS possibilities that would make the forums better.

G
Jan 10, 2020
The forums have been upgraded from VBulletin to Xenforo. Extensive testing was conducted before this switch, but due to the size of SnoWest, there will inevitably be minor bugs found.

- Search is currently being built, and results from the search function will be incomplete until the process is completed, an hour or two from now.

- If you find any bugs, please let me know here.

And FYI, Private Messages on this software are called "Conversations" and are functionally equivalent. You can message someone by clicking their avatar and select the start conversation line.

C
Dec 3, 2010
Chicopee, Ma.
The forums have been upgraded from VBulletin to Xenforo. Extensive testing was conducted before this switch, but due to the size of SnoWest, there will inevitably be minor bugs found.

- Search is currently being built, and results from the search function will be incomplete until the process is completed, an hour or two from now.

- If you find any bugs, please let me know here.

And FYI, Private Messages on this software are called "Conversations" and are functionally equivalent. You can message someone by clicking their avatar and select the start conversation line.
The blue lettering on black background is very difficult to read.

Premium Features