• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forum update issues topic

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Is there any way i can customize the forums that show up when i sign in? Like I only want to see snowbike and for sale threads?

Also the color of threads you have already read was light blue and new threads or ones that there was a new comment on were in bold and dark blue. Is that a feature you can add? Its just nice to see whats new and what isn't

YES.
It will take you a couple minutes of your time to set it up.
But its called WATCHED FORUMS

watched.jpg

You will need to visit each of the forums YOU are interested in watching and tag them as watched.
Then when you log in, just click on WATCHED FORUMS ..

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
This comes up.
4e3dce7759654a9ffefdf952197630ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This comes up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
OK
Got it
Just wanted to be sure.
WE BROKE THE SEARCH ENGINE and are fixing it now.

https://www.snowest.com/forum/search/search
https://www.snowest.com/forum/search/search
XFES\Elasticsearch\ConnectException: cURL error 7: couldn't connect to host (see http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-errors.html) in src/addons/XFES/Elasticsearch/Api.php at line 390
  1. XFES\Elasticsearch\Api->request() in src/addons/XFES/Elasticsearch/Api.php at line 90
  2. XFES\Elasticsearch\Api->version() in src/addons/XFES/Elasticsearch/Api.php at line 107
  3. XFES\Elasticsearch\Api->majorVersion() in src/addons/XFES/Search/Source/Elasticsearch.php at line 230
  4. XFES\Search\Source\Elasticsearch->getDslFromQuery() in src/addons/XFES/Search/Source/Elasticsearch.php at line 149
  5. XFES\Search\Source\Elasticsearch->search() in src/XF/Search/Search.php at line 164
  6. XF\Search\Search->search() in src/XF/Repository/Search.php at line 34
  7. XF\Repository\Search->runSearch() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Search.php at line 395
  8. XF\Pub\Controller\Search->runSearch() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Search.php at line 111
  9. XF\Pub\Controller\Search->actionSearch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2178
  14. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
  15. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Like I've mentioned before we're not all seeing the same layout. There is NO search box on my screen either and the little magnifying glass one doesn't work. Where is the search box?
Found the bug in the code and got it resolved yesterday.
Your search functions should be working again.

Diamond8

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Tri-Cities Washington
I probably sound silly but is there a way to change the size of the layout? I have a 23" monitor and the forum pages are showing up a little off center and to the left with a bunch of room on the right.........its like I need an "expand" button as the forum appears minimized to the left of center a bit. Not the end of the world but a little annoying. Otherwise I dig the new look / feel / interface it is nice!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I probably sound silly but is there a way to change the size of the layout? I have a 23" monitor and the forum pages are showing up a little off center and to the left with a bunch of room on the right.........its like I need an "expand" button as the forum appears minimized to the left of center a bit. Not the end of the world but a little annoying. Otherwise I dig the new look / feel / interface it is nice!

I think what you are seeing is the result of your being a LIFETIME MEMBER and the far right colum is now EMPTY
Scroll to the very top of the screen
Far right corner look for 3 vertical dots.
Click on them.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
For what its worth, there are EXACTLY the same number of ads in the same location of the same size as before.
No changes at all.
But

Upgrade to PREMIUM LIFETIME and I am pretty sure you WILL like the change...

You should pay closer attention to your own forums... There was never a banner ad across the bottom of the page before, that is definately a new addition. In fact now there are 2 ads at the bottom of the page.

Love that pay me not to see the ads tactic. You will never get money from me that way...

Again, thanks for further destroying what used to be a great thing with your transparent greed.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
You should pay closer attention to your own forums... There was never a banner ad across the bottom of the page before, that is definately a new addition. In fact now there are 2 ads at the bottom of the page.
Would you like me to post you PICS of the old site showing the BANNER AT THE BOTTOM?
If you're going to try and CALL ME OUT, make no mistake that I KNOW my forum better than anyone else out there...

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Would you like me to post you PICS of the old site showing the BANNER AT THE BOTTOM?
If you're going to try and CALL ME OUT, make no mistake that I KNOW my forum better than anyone else out there...

Yes, I would like to see that. I never had that stupid banner across the bottom before... Doesn't change the fact that all of these ads are a result of your greed and contribute NOTHING to the forum. Besides, it just looks like **** with all of the ads you have added over the years.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Tried Tapa for the first time.
Can't open multiple tabs, unless I'm doing something wrong.

Also, when using Chrome, can I shut off the Tapa reminder that shows up on EVERY thread I view?

Screenshot_20190908-122855.png

Premium Features