• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fork Oil Weight Experience

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I have done the 10wt at max volume and .54 springs. Worked well. Then i added the airpro. Typically ran around 10-15psi. Works great for ride height bottoming resistance etc. Then last year I sent a set to Brockstar Performance. Brock set them up for my weight and riding style. They are amazing! For what he charges, I recommend everyone gets a second set of forks off of ebay and sends them to Brockstar. You will not be dissapointed, nor will you ruin your good dirt forks, or be without a spare set when the inevitable happens!

Yep it’s $300 all inclusive. Springs, valving and the combined experience of having built more snowbike forks than most people have seen pictures of.

Made my R6 snowbike able to rail 4th gear through the moguls. (And it’s a heavy pig)
It doesn’t even feel sketchy like 3rd gear did with stock forks and an airpro. (2016 sxf450 on an ARO 120)

Last edited:
J
Dec 27, 2010
Heber utah
I've ran many different combinations of oil weights. 5w, 10, 15, 20.
At 20w I blew fork seals real quick. One ride. This may have been due to me hitting a metal fence on the lower tubes and the tubes smashing them though...
Never blew any seals at 15 or less.
Dampening feels good in the 10-15 range with rebound screwed way in.

Most the time I've had .62's in. 335-345cc each time. 4 rebound, 10 compression. Along with the Airpro @ 6lbs, the rear end bottoms first.(with TSS @ 350 and clickers on hard)

Lately I've been messing around with just the AirPro only - which I really like. This year I didn't touch the stock suspension at all, besides clickers, so 315cc, 5w oil, 15lbs AirPro - and it's doing very well. 10 compression, 2 rebound. I will say that if you start doing bigger jumps, you will get the pogostick feeling as rebound comes back pretty fast. But if you're not in to big jumps, the AirPro alone does a fantastic job! I've said before and I'll say it again, for 90% of the guys out there, the AirPro is all you need.

I do like the bigger stuff though, so I may end up putting the heavier oil and springs in.

Getting a second set of forks would be awesome, but it's not in the cards for me. If I raced, I'd do it.

16 yz450f

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
I called a Pro Action suspension dealer today

I will never use Pro Action again, especially the one in Airdrie. just had my fork rebound nut on the inside fall off while 18 hours from home in St. George Ut. its supposed to be peened. took it to Dicks Racing in to get fixed and he was NOT impressed with the quality of the work in there. long story short, he found a few things wrong and recommended I use someone else from now on. dont have to tell me twice.

there are MANY better suspension guys out there than Pro Action.

RMR suspension out of Abbotsford BC for the western canadian guys... its Xgames Snowbike gold winner Cody Matechuks dads company. you can believe he knows what hes doing. just did mine and it was about $700 CAD. you guys are getting yours done for $300 from Brock must be american.

(Rod Matechuk Racing) https://www.rmrsuspensions.com/

Last edited:
Premium Features