• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forest service closing land to snowmobile use !

F

freekweet mods

Feb 3, 2008
These areas are in central Utah. Mark the areas that you do not want to see closed and send them to kevin@sanpete.com with any comments you wish to add. He will compile all the responses and submit them to the forest service. Needs to be in by the 22nd.

The forest service is creating a Winter Recreation map. The first draft was just created last week, see attachment. They need your feedback. There are several categories highlighted on the map:

· Roaded Natural (dark Green)- open or groomed roads in the winter.

· SPM: Semi-Primitive Motorized (light Green)- open to Snowmobiles

· SPNM: Semi-Primitive NonMotorized (Pink)- would be closed to Snowmobiling.

· Winter ROS Travel Management Areas (stripped)- areas that are currently closed to snowmobiling, as seen on the 1989 green forest map and before….

The areas of most concern are the SPNM (PINK) areas. You will notice for example, that Rolfson and Staker Canyons up Fairview Canyon, would be closed- where everyone snowmobiles!

Please look at this map and let me know which SPNM (PINK) areas need to be modified/removed. I will compile everyone’s comments and send them over to the Forest Service together. Use a marker/pencil if needed. Please get your comments to me by February 22nd at the latest.

Please forward this to others in the County for review….

Map is in link below...

H

hkollie

Apr 21, 2013
if you care recommend you send your comments to usfs as well...more voices help sometimes

Premium Features