• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Force/ibexx/ ssi / skidoo turbski tunes

B
Nov 2, 2009
All, curious to understand if anyone has tried the force tune, or the ssi tune - I see silber and Bikemans tunes but before committing need to understand all the options.

i hear ibexx has a tune out as well, and ssi has one you send your ecu in to them (that one is the least favorite due to that reason)

anybody have experience with force? Or recommendations? I’m looking at say the 20hp tune.

Interested in any/all feedback on how they react, any laziness etc etc.

Anyone try the bike man pipe?

Thanks!

Feb 14, 2010
The Force tune is a bikeman tune, they are a bikeman dealer and does testing for their tunes,
the bikeman T2 tune = 20 HP runs well, on pump 91 octane.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
The Force tune is a bikeman tune, they are a bikeman dealer and does testing for their tunes,
the bikeman T2 tune = 20 HP runs well, on pump 91 octane.

Are you running this tune??? I have been looking for real world info.
With polaris releasing their turbo, Im wondering what doo is going to counter with or offer.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Are you running this tune??? I have been looking for real world info.
With polaris releasing their turbo, Im wondering what doo is going to counter with or offer.
Doo will have to counter. Polaris has 2X the boost at elevation. The Doo is going to look like its N/A compared to the Matryx. And FYI, I like Doo.

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
The winner will be the one who can remove the "smile" power dip between 7300 and 7700 rpms.
That "dip" in power is revealed "with" clutch tuning/setting.
The dip between those two engine speeds has been a challenge. You are in a good pull, you let off the throttle (engine speed comes down) 75, 74, 73, 72, 71, 7000....you press throttle, engine speed increases 71, 72, 73....73....73...73....7350, 74, 74, 74 (come on you fker) 75, 76...8000 rpms.
That left half of the dip from around 7300 to 75~7600 feels like a "lag" and if keeping on full throttle (after letting off) can get through that, eventually after (10ths of a second) the engine will again, quickly speed back to 8000.

Whatever company can straighten that dip out will be the WINNER ! ! !

fix the dip.jpg

Feb 14, 2010
The winner will be the one who can remove the "smile" power dip between 7300 and 7700 rpms.
That "dip" in power is revealed "with" clutch tuning/setting.
The dip between those two engine speeds has been a challenge. You are in a good pull, you let off the throttle (engine speed comes down) 75, 74, 73, 72, 71, 7000....you press throttle, engine speed increases 71, 72, 73....73....73...73....7350, 74, 74, 74 (come on you fker) 75, 76...8000 rpms.
That left half of the dip from around 7300 to 75~7600 feels like a "lag" and if keeping on full throttle (after letting off) can get through that, eventually after (10ths of a second) the engine will again, quickly speed back to 8000.

Whatever company can straighten that dip out will be the WINNER ! ! !

View attachment 369199
<<<< That "dip" in power is revealed "with" clutch tuning/setting. >>>
there is no dip in power with my clutching and tune.
this is from Joey, explaining why the dip in HP.

8iuTX4LlGZO.png
Author
Torque Link
We have added power below operating rpm to minimize lag. If you look at the torque graph you can see the added torque. We found that extra power can be added in that area because you are only there for a brief moment. The dip you are noticing is just the return to normal hp curve.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I think the point Joe was getting at, the higher the tune stage, the worse the power dip is, and its evident in the supplied graph.
Maybe not a issue for open bowl pin it, and hold it to the bar riding style, but cycling the throttle could pose a issue in certain conditions and terrain. Im sure Joe has customers running the higher stages, and has helped those customers overcome their issues, thus sharing his findings and experience.

Feb 14, 2010
maybe one should talk to the guy that fine tuned the tunes, Jared Sessions, he does not have any problems in certain conditions and terrain cycling the throttle. nor does any of his guys that run stage 3 and 4 tunes with the right clutching.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
The price depends on whether or not you have someone with the Torq Link tuning hardware (box and wiring harness for your application). The hardware costs $300 and can be used on multiple sleds and brands with the right wire harness. You buy tunes separate and they are specific to your ECU, the tunes cost $450. For the doo turbo you have access to all the Bikeman doo turbo tunes 1-4 (including Sessions updated tunes) and the stock tune. You can flesh your ECU as many times as you want and experiment with which tune you like. Personally I have the Bikeman muffler and clutch weights on my doo turbo. Ive settled in on stage 2. It really wakes up the sled. Have to remember the more air you push into the motor, the more fuel you'll need when on boost. I ride quite hard and on stage 2 my mileage suffers a bit. Tuning with Torq Link in very easy and each tune download maybe takes 1-2 minutes.

Premium Features