• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fleet maintenance?

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Not really snowmobile related but I know there are a lot of small business owners on here too. I have a small concrete business and am trying to find away to keep track of my trailer maintenance. I do all of my service work but I am beginning to get to many trailers to remember what has been replaced and when. I have been keeping track of vehicle maintenance by a small notebook in each vehicle and that works good but not really a option on a trailer. Does anyone have any ideas or how are u keeping track of your maintenance? I would even be ok with some software but haven't found anything reasonably priced. Thanks for any help!!

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Not really snowmobile related but I know there are a lot of small business owners on here too. I have a small concrete business and am trying to find away to keep track of my trailer maintenance. I do all of my service work but I am beginning to get to many trailers to remember what has been replaced and when. I have been keeping track of vehicle maintenance by a small notebook in each vehicle and that works good but not really a option on a trailer. Does anyone have any ideas or how are u keeping track of your maintenance? I would even be ok with some software but haven't found anything reasonably priced. Thanks for any help!!

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
I would use an excel spread sheet, simple and cheap. Assign unit numbers and create a data base,that saves all your history and you can bring up each unit and expenses.

kbroderick

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2017
An Excel or Google sheet (the latter being preferable if you already use GSuite given that you can easily access it from a desktop or mobile device) could work, but there are also apps and websites specifically for tracking vehicle maintenance for multiple vehicles. I'd definitely tend towards cloud-based so you can easily update it from the vehicle and still check on things without having to worry about being at a particular device.

Personally, I use mileagetracker.org; it's a basic, by-donation site, but works pretty well and lets you define service types and intervals (months or miles) for each vehicle. The only significant downside for my use has been that it requires a working Internet connection, so I have to remember to record fuel added when I get home if I didn't have service when I filled up. I'm sure there are more fleet-oriented solutions that would provide a better featureset for you, but I'm guessing anything fleet-oriented is also going to be pay-as-you-go.

Ex-Flit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
North Branch, MN
I made my own spread sheet and then I keep it in a folder so my guys can find it and fill it out when service is performed. I do it with all of my equipment. I list part numbers for filters ect.. makes life easier when it comes time to order filters.

Premium Features