• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First time to Revelstoke!

X32

Premium Member
Dec 14, 2014
Every year I take my kids and some friends and we snowmobile someplace great, this year we will be staying at the Glacier Lodge resort from January 1 until January 7 and renting from full speed rentals four days of 850s and one day of snow bikes.

1) how is the snow this year so far?

2) any suggestions for guides?

3) any must things we should do?

4) anyone like to join us and show us around?

5) we will have one rest day in the middle what should we do on our day off?

6) other things to consider/suggestions

Big disappointment however my 20-year-old son got a second-degree misdemeanor for having a fake ID (but was not using it) however after 50 hours of community service and three months it will be off his record entirely probably around March but as a result he can't go according to Canadian customs

Last edited:
B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
See below

Every year I take my kids and some friends and we snowmobile someplace great, this year we will be staying at the Glacier Lodge resort from January 1 until January 7 and renting from full speed rentals four days of 850s and one day of snow bikes.

1) how is the snow this year so far?

well behind seasonal

2) any suggestions for guides?

Glacier House has guides you can hire through great canadian snowmobile tours otherwise ask full speed

3) any must things we should do?

4) anyone like to join us and show us around?

5) we will have one rest day in the middle what should we do on our day off?

head south of town on HWY 23 and take the ferry across to Halcyon hotsprings

6) other things to consider/suggestions

Big disappointment however my 20-year-old son got a second-degree misdemeanor for having a fake ID (but was not using it) however after 50 hours of community service and three months it will be off his record entirely probably around March but as a result he can't go according to Canadian customs

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

Everytime we go to Revy we stay at Glacier House.
You will likely have a very good experience!

bjd68

Premium Member
Jul 22, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Yes u can ride from ur door! I have stayed there twice and must say it was awesome both times ! Cabins are nice! Ur close to town ! The riding is some of the best I’ve done!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
can you ride frisby and Boulder right from the glacier house?
Yes.
Your access is VERY GOOD right from your cabin.
Just make sure you get into town for some nightlife and GREAT FOOD.
Breakfast at Galcier is a good solid buffet, but nothing show stopping.
Dinner downstairs in the bar is good enough, but doesn't compare with what you can get in town.

make sure you bring a swim suit if you like the water in the evenings. They have an EXCELLENT indoor pool and cabins have a jacuzzi.

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
Yes.
Dinner downstairs in the bar is good enough, but doesn't compare with what you can get in town.

make sure you bring a swim suit if you like the water in the evenings. They have an EXCELLENT indoor pool and cabins have a jacuzzi.
I think you pretty much nailed it right there!! :D

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
Oh yeah.......Sometimes there's a monkey hanging on a door when you walk in to your cabin! ;)

28378030_10212485602434399_4744336569203102791_n.jpg

I

Impatientforsnow

Nov 29, 2007
Gods Country
Yes.

Thanks been there a few times ridding always stayed in town bringing the kids so we thought we would try something diffrent..

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Thanks been there a few times ridding always stayed in town bringing the kids so we thought we would try something diffrent..
The kids will LOVE the pool!

I would absolutely LOVE to take my whole family up some day.
My wife and daughter really aren't interested in riding very much, but the trail system is outstanding and I could probably get them out for a day of "gentle" riding. And the rest of the time they would enjoy the town and just relaxing at the Lodge and in the Cabins. Your family should have a GREAT TIME in Revy.!

Premium Features