• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First SNow

silverram323

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Cambridge, MN
www.beyondsynthetics.net
05c887f56f51a123a50321592974c0b9.jpg

Cambridge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I had heard we got 10" and the north shore about the same. So much down fall this year so it is going to be a bugger to get things cleared. It was bad last year and I think this year will be as bad or worse. :yuck:

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
I had heard we got 10" and the north shore about the same. So much down fall this year so it is going to be a bugger to get things cleared. It was bad last year and I think this year will be as bad or worse. :yuck:

Read a post on another site guy tried to ride. More time cutting dead fall than riding.
Last year I went up to Finland for first snowfall. Cut so much wood. And drove through and over branches, I almost regreted it NOT?:face-icon-small-hap

Sledhed2012

Lifetime Membership
Sep 5, 2016
River Falls,WI
We did our annual pre Christmas ride last year and cut trees for an hour plus and made it 100 yds in the trail. That was a workout. Thank God for Dewalt and Makita cordless sawzalls! But i would do it all over again amd probably will in a few weeks!

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
We did our annual pre Christmas ride last year and cut trees for an hour plus and made it 100 yds in the trail. That was a workout. Thank God for Dewalt and Makita cordless sawzalls! But i would do it all over again amd probably will in a few weeks!
Try one of these. Jonsered CS2255 20" Chain Saw, 55.5CC
We officially got 10.8". 90% chance for Wednesday. I think 2"-4". But the last one they predicted a trace to 1" but ended up with close to 11", oh well!. Deer opener Saturday morning.

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
That's awesome! We only got enough to make the ground white for a day, gone now. Hope it keeps up and stays below freezing this year.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Growing up as a kid my mom would say we always get a January thaw. I would have to say she was right. I have always wanted this kind of weather early but this one year is an exception. My kid and I are building a new house for him and after all the stupid insane constant rain we have had, put us so far behind. At least we are weather proof, but no heat!! :face-icon-small-sad

:focus:

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Growing up as a kid my mom would say we always get a January thaw. I would have to say she was right. I have always wanted this kind of weather early but this one year is an exception. My kid and I are building a new house for him and after all the stupid insane constant rain we have had, put us so far behind. At least we are weather proof, but no heat!! :face-icon-small-sad

:focus:

So we have you to thank for this weather then!! But that would just about figure if you were trying to get a house built.

And here I was thinking it was like this because nobody I know bought a new sled or snowblower this year. LOL

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
We are now under a winter storm watch.
Wednesday
Snow showers, mainly after 10am. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 33. Breezy, with a southeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible. :clock:

Premium Features