• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First ride of the season today at Lake of The Woods!

My dad and I went up today. It was 3 degrees when we got there but not a cloud to cover the sun! There was about 14 inches or so at the meadow. First we rode up to Four Mile lake and there was around 3 feet up there. Then we tried going out towards Pelican but there we tree down that we couldn't get around. We then tried going to Buck peak but ran into the same problem so we went out Sun Set Trail and had the same problem. We went out the Hyatt-L.O.W. trail and rode that for quite a while then went out to the Brown Mt. warming cabin. Then we went to the Ickabod Rock pit and back to the truck. We rode about 50 miles or so. Couldn't really get off trail. There was endless powder but unfortunately it was also bottomless. All in all it was a pretty bad *** day! The deepest snow we ever got in was maybe 4 ft max but it was still good. The meadow was not open yet. It was all frozen underneath but O.S.P was up there so I wasn't going out there and getting a ticket even though that powder looked so inviting I could barely handle it. Here are some pictures from the day.

This is at my house
Snowmobiling12-16-08001.jpg

Leaving my house
Snowmobiling12-16-08002.jpg

Looking out across 4 Mile Lake
Snowmobiling12-16-08007.jpg

Me carving up the Ickabod Rock pit
Snowmobiling12-16-08016.jpg

All loaded up to go home early cuz my dad forgot his good boots and got cold!
Snowmobiling12-16-08019.jpg

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
nice pics, looks like you could ride at your house, or at least i would be:) see all you guys from medford arctic cat and polaris riders can get along. those 2 sleds look like they couldn't be happier sitting side by side. don't be hatein', can't we all just get along:) lifes a garden, dig it!!!

Last edited:
Premium Features