• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FIRES

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Just read news about SIERRA CLUB representative stating the fires are the worse polluter for the state.

All those dead trees and underbrush are causing air pollution.

Wow … do you think they will look at this logically and measure tree density?

Then thin the forest so the forest can thrive?

Ah just maybe the old saying is true.

Gotta look past the trees and see the whole forest.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
When they shut down all of the logging to save the owls, which are now dead or homeless, they created this problem. Colorado is next... Stupid environmentalists that have NO idea what is really required to keep the forests healthy and happy.

We have one of those clowns here in Colorado, lauded as a great environmentalist, Dan Tishman. I have worked on his land, it is a shambles and he is a first class moron. Rich as hell from selling his daddys company, dumb as ****, and still they praise him.

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
It's like the folks who think a pipeline will ruin the environment. How many million truckloads of oil are polluting daily instead of a nice clean pipe that needs a lot less service than fleets of trucks.

They'd rather have the whole west on fire & the pollution & destruction it wreaks than have an industry booming. Lumber is one of the most renewable resources we've got.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
It's like the folks who think a pipeline will ruin the environment. How many million truckloads of oil are polluting daily instead of a nice clean pipe that needs a lot less service than fleets of trucks.

They'd rather have the whole west on fire & the pollution & destruction it wreaks than have an industry booming. Lumber is one of the most renewable resources we've got.

In this area oil is leaking naturally all over the place.

BUT they wont let them pump the oil and use it for people!

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
I read an interesting comment on a facetube post today. It was by a Nevada resident who figured he should sue California for poisoning the air coming his way. It has caused many people health issues and his point was that it would be illegal to taint the water going to Cali, why wouldn't it be illegal for Cali to send many of us tainted air. Pretty easy to prove the neglect that has occurred and hence I would think if persued, you could make a pretty decent case!

Time for a class action suit against California!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I read an interesting comment on a facetube post today. It was by a Nevada resident who figured he should sue California for poisoning the air coming his way. It has caused many people health issues and his point was that it would be illegal to taint the water going to Cali, why wouldn't it be illegal for Cali to send many of us tainted air. Pretty easy to prove the neglect that has occurred and hence I would think if persued, you could make a pretty decent case!

Time for a class action suit against California!

Hillarious.

Are you currently socked in with smoke along the Rocky Mountain front?
What is it like east of Denver? Are you getting the winds to move that stuff out?

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I ride up in the Sequoia National Forest. They had a large fire on the WEST side of the Alta Sierra Ridge … Burned out the forest and lots of cabins.

Anyway talked to the Forest Service Representative whose responsibility is to sell lumber for cutting.

Told BY NFS environmentalist groups have decades PENDING lawsuits which stopped logging and the cutting of any new trails.

Asked what the TREE DENSITY SHOULD BE IN the SEQUOIAS. 90 trees per acre. Asked what is the real tree density 280 trees per acre.

Why over populated? Because the NFS gets funding to over plant trees and OVER populate the forest for harvest.

ASKED NFS what is the result …. 90% plus of the trees in a forest with more 200% TREE DENSITY will burn , simply not enough water … which is drained away to the city.

Now the forest has BURNED the same organizations preventing logging are you guessed it getting paid to OVERPLANT the forest with trees that just burned !!!

Here is a side issue as a result. Received this notice from SOCAL EDISON. LOCAL ELECTRIC COMPANY WILL SHUT OFF ELECTRICITY TO A COMMUNITY IF THE LINES ARE ABOVE GROUND AND THERE IS A CHANCE OF SPARKS FROM THE POWER LINES.

Law suits are happening to have the electric company pay for the fire if caused by power lines. The electric company CANT trim "endangered trees plants shrubs" near the power lines. Plus cant move the power line because it has no easement rights to go elsewhere.

California electricity is twice expensive than rest of USA.

Last edited:
A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I've got to the point where nothing surprises me any more, our rules and regulations have become so moronic they're not even comprehensible. Anybody on the planet with one working brain cell could solve the majority of our problems. If you've worked with the government or a large corporation with far too many cooks in the kitchen as they say, moving forward simply can't be done, everything becomes a stalemate with the most powerful douchebag in the group. I've found that with a shot or two of alcohol it becomes humor, helps me cope.

Premium Features