• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fire

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Oh, they did offer 2,000 off IF I don't file an insurance claim, whoopi.

Pretty floored that anyone from a manufacturer would make that statement. That just sounds like it could get you (them) in really hot water. I could see offering $ off the purchase of a new unit period, or just trying to deny all responsibility...but to hinge it on whether insurance is involved or not? Weird

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
Pretty floored that anyone from a manufacturer would make that statement. That just sounds like it could get you (them) in really hot water. I could see offering $ off the purchase of a new unit period, or just trying to deny all responsibility...but to hinge it on whether insurance is involved or not? Weird
I thought that also and she then tried to bill it as good will. Good will??? My sled with a year and a half warranty left still worth X burns up and your offering 2 grand? More insulting than anything. Plus what difference does it make on say a snowcheck 2020 where I got the money from. It seems to me she is really covering herself, Doo, thinking the insurance company may get their money back out of them and that's all the money they want to be out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
Casey bypass CS reps and get a supervisor/higher up person. That's what I did on my POS that won't run Poo.......still took months.
The person I was talking to that told me case closed is a supervisor. I was moved up to her from the regular CS person when I protested their can claim.

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
It actually angers me more that I have one "supervisor" telling me case closed while in actuality it's still being investigated than the denial of the claim in the first place. Just called the original lower level CS dept asking for a third party, not the supervisory I've been dealing with, to call me and address this fubar situation.

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
Well persistence really does pay off. After multiple phone calls and wrangling I am happy to say that Skidoo stepped up and did the right thing. They are giving 8G's towards a new sled and because of this, I was shopping an Alpha, I will be sticking with Doo in the foreseeable future.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Well persistence really does pay off. After multiple phone calls and wrangling I am happy to say that Skidoo stepped up and did the right thing. They are giving 8G's towards a new sled and because of this, I was shopping an Alpha, I will be sticking with Doo in the foreseeable future... unless the new one catches fire too.

Fixed it for you! Just Kidding, great to hear they made you a happy customer. Sounded pretty rough at first and snowmobiles that burst into flames could have cost them a whole lot more.

Enjoy your new sled!

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
Fixed it for you! Just Kidding, great to hear they made you a happy customer. Sounded pretty rough at first and snowmobiles that burst into flames could have cost them a whole lot more.

Enjoy your new sled!
Oh man don't jinx me. Maybe I should mount a fire extinguisher on the tunnel lol

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Glad you're happy with the outcome, but wtf Ski doo?
I mean are they loosing their arse on burned up sleds (doubt it) or literally trying to cheap out by basically paying your insurance claim amount? 8g for a 2 year old sled sounds about right. But wth, I bet it only costs them 8g or so to give you a new one and have a happy customer that talks good about their company...

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
Glad you're happy with the outcome, but wtf Ski doo?

I mean are they loosing their arse on burned up sleds (doubt it) or literally trying to cheap out by basically paying your insurance claim amount? 8g for a 2 year old sled sounds about right. But wth, I bet it only costs them 8g or so to give you a new one and have a happy customer that talks good about their company...
Had 2100'ish miles so 8 is probably more than I could have sold for BUT yes, I certainly feel they could have just offered up a sled, maybe I pay a little for the exact one I want, and they are still just out cost and not worried about profit. I certainly hadn't planned on putting out cash for a new one this year.

I have heard of one other catching fire but do know that others have had major fuel line/rail failures and probably just lucky fires weren't the result.

Considering what was originally offered, nothing, and past stories I've heard about fires and nothing recovered, I'll take it.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Why not claim it on insurance? Insurance won't make you a sign a non disclosure agreement.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
Why not claim it on insurance? Insurance won't make a sign a non disclosure agreement.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
I was going to if I couldn't get money from Skidoo but I felt this was something Doo should cover plus you never know if you may have to claim something else and we all know insurance loved to raise rates. If you mean getting money from Doo AND claiming insurance I'm not sure if that's insurance fraud or not but I believer it is. If you've been "made whole" by one entity then claiming the same thing from another I'm pretty sure doesn't fly. I'm no attorney but certainly want to avoid having to hire one.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Agree, the best course of action is a lot of time, the simplest. 8g is even better considering the miles you had on it, but warranty is warranty and you just happen to be one that gets good use out of your machine.
Many do, but many don't. Your 2k in 2 years vs my 800miles in 6 years. (To be fair, I'm mostly riding the snowbike, but both machines combined don't have 2k miles in 6 years.)
If I bought something with warranty, the mfg would make money on me. Why should they try to hide you and not lose money on you?
Bottom line, you're happy and good deal, but big companies don't know how the f to handle things.
You'd have probably helped skidoo sell a pile more sleds if they had just made it right on day 1, said "Here's a new G4, 154 whatever, sorry it's not the same color, but obviously we can't fix your melted heap. Have a nice winter sir..."

You'd have bragged up how awesome BRC is to work with and every dude who's having a warranty issue would think "maybe I should get a skidoo."

Premium Features