• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

##### Fingers Crossed this forecast is true ######

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
String of storms headed for the Sierra's, each one bigger than the next. Good luck!

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I thought California made snowmobiles illegal last week.

Nah, just important things like chainsaws. Which are entirely repsonsible for carbon in the atmosphere.....or something.

technically it was 18 years ago

They defer to national standards that came out of all the yellowstone mess years ago but generally speaking they don't know we exist.

which has its perks

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
No chains saws, no wonder yins have so many forest fires.

oh you ain't seen nuthin yet if they actually prevent gas chainsaws in fuels reduction

for sale-recently cleared land at high elevation, lots of totem pole carving opportunity. Hardhat required when touring property.

C
Jan 14, 2020
Nah, just important things like chainsaws. Which are entirely repsonsible for carbon in the atmosphere.....or something.

technically it was 18 years ago

They defer to national standards that came out of all the yellowstone mess years ago but generally speaking they don't know we exist.

which has its perks

could you refer me in a direction to find this yellowstone mess? I love reading about all this bullcrap that happens with fed stuff.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
could you refer me in a direction to find this yellowstone mess? I love reading about all this bullcrap that happens with fed stuff.

There are tons more people here that were more involved than I, while it was going on. I didn't even own a sled until 2006.

But you remember in 2001 when just elected pres bush signed an executive order allowing public sleds back into yellowstone as like the first thing he ever did? That was a result of the period and proceedings I'm talking about.

There's so much out there on national park pages, old blueribbon press releases, studying wildlife effects and emissions output of sleds, I honestly wouldn't know where to start. Just start playing with google.

But the result was the first emissions standards on sleds. Notice how mid-2000s is when EFI showed up? That's why. It was such a high profile issue and on national park land, the EPA stepped in and started setting emissions standards. CA was the first to latch onto them (not just for sleds, for everything gasoline powered), and the since the EPA was further along regarding snowmobiles, they just deferred.

2003 is when CA instituted their red/green sticker program (and mx bikes went to 4 strokes) so you can kind of see the timeline. Sleds just defaulted to green stickers since they were only run in winter, and were now under national standards. The state has been chasing around dumb shlt like dirtbikes ever since.

Last edited:

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
This is through 11-6 but looks good
34004a2af27c116182ad4359eb56a28e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
So far hasn't don't jack in utah A few inches of snow in the mountains is all. Hopefully tomorrow will bring more, I need to get some seat time the week.

Premium Features