• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Finger Throttles? Yay or Nay?

T
Dec 10, 2018
Calgary, Alberta
Looking at ordering one for my alpha but on the fence . Who’s all running one ? I’ve also heard the guard won’t fit with the controls, is there any truth to this? Any negatives to it or any major issues?

Thanks !

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
The controls fit just fine.

I really enjoy my finger throttle. I was in the same position as you last year and I don't regret going with it. I haven't hit any branches, I haven't had any safety concerns and I like the positions I am in with the finger throttle. It took me awhile to feel comfortable doing certain things because having a full grip on the bars feels different but once you get the feel, the positions that can be uncomfortable with the thumb throttle, such as right hand sidehilling, feel more natural and the positions where the thumb throttle feel good feel the same or better.

The only downfall with the throttle is that dependent and where you have it positioned, sitting and riding feels like you have ape-hanger style bars. What I mean by this is my throttle is most comfortable, when I'm standing, facing almost straight down. So when I am sitting I have to wrap my wrist around the bars to reach it. I'm okay with this because I don't spend much time riding while sitting.

Another semi-downfall is the price, but in my opinion you get what you pay for and the quality of my kit was ??

20190327_121529.jpg 20190327_121554.jpg

T
Dec 10, 2018
Calgary, Alberta
The controls fit just fine.

I really enjoy my finger throttle. I was in the same position as you last year and I don't regret going with it. I haven't hit any branches, I haven't had any safety concerns and I like the positions I am in with the finger throttle. It took me awhile to feel comfortable doing certain things because having a full grip on the bars feels different but once you get the feel, the positions that can be uncomfortable with the thumb throttle, such as right hand sidehilling, feel more natural and the positions where the thumb throttle feel good feel the same or better.

The only downfall with the throttle is that dependent and where you have it positioned, sitting and riding feels like you have ape-hanger style bars. What I mean by this is my throttle is most comfortable, when I'm standing, facing almost straight down. So when I am sitting I have to wrap my wrist around the bars to reach it. I'm okay with this because I don't spend much time riding while sitting.

Another semi-downfall is the price, but in my opinion you get what you pay for and the quality of my kit was ??
Looks good dude ! Did you try with the factory handlebars as well as the rev / killswitch block ? That’s where I heard the guard won’t fit . Won’t be running CFR bars on the 20 right off the bat.

Thanks for the insight and honest opinion on it !

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
I never did try it with the stock handle bars but trimming the grab bar with a utility knife wouldn't be too hard if it's a tight fit.

Premium Features