• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Finding brass...

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
Had the threaded end on my exhaust valve cable break last weekend off the exhaust tiebar. Went to install the new cable today and clean my valves and noticed a lot of brass.
As my heart sunk thinking it was the water/oil pump gear on the crank, came to find out it was actually the exhaust valve bushings. I had clean the valves 2 seasons ago with no signs of brass. A little hard to see the brass fillings until i hit the rags with brake-kleen. Ordered up a new valve base/bushings and should be good to go.
Sled has 3200 miles all mountain riding.
brass3.jpgbrass4.jpgbrass1.jpgbrass.jpg

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
Thanks TRS, my dealer just informed me the that my exhaust tiebar I need replaced is backordered until June.
So going to slap it back together and finish the season off as is.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Thanks TRS, my dealer just informed me the that my exhaust tiebar I need replaced is backordered until June.
So going to slap it back together and finish the season off as is.
June? Seriously??

Sent fra min S60 via Tapatalk

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
I guess so.
The part I require is $ 50.00 CAD. There is the whole assembly available, but at $ 400.00 I'll pass.

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
Teth, I had seen your post while goggling the issue lol. Unfortunalty for me, my 4 year warranty just expired this past December.
Hindsight......I should have went through the sled in December.

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
Hillbillied the guillotine's back on. Dealer just did a relearn for the cable replacement. Back out this weekend hopefully to Golden and run her.
valve.1.jpg
valve.2.jpg

Premium Features