• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Finally a Khaos Boost video!

F

FirstAscent

Feb 25, 2021
West Coast
I’ve been waiting for someone to post up a decent Khaos Boost vid and Brett Turcotte just did, the Khaos Boost 155 is MUCH more manageable than I expected! For what it’s worth he was on the 3” track.

I was on the fence thinking it would just be out of control, fun, but out of control wild haha. I ended up SC’ing the Pro 165 Boost instead. Now I’m thinking all you Khaos Boost folks aren’t as crazy as I was thinking ;)

what do you guys think? Does this change anyone’s mind?
excited to see more vids of this beast.

Last edited:

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
These sleds are getting crazy, I can't believe that thing is factory stock.

Anyone else ever feel like sleds are too easy to ride these days? Sometimes I miss riding in places that we now bypass because there's no challenge to it anymore. It really makes me want to just buy a 600 or 650 just for more of a challenge. It would make you focus a lot more on technique rather than relying on power to help you.

That new Khaos 146" with the 650 in it would be a really fun sled, and with less power and less track it would add some challenge on steeper hills or in deeper snow. I'm honestly contemplating going that way instead of Boost

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
These sleds are getting crazy, I can't believe that thing is factory stock.

Anyone else ever feel like sleds are too easy to ride these days? Sometimes I miss riding in places that we now bypass because there's no challenge to it anymore. It really makes me want to just buy a 600 or 650 just for more of a challenge. It would make you focus a lot more on technique rather than relying on power to help you.

That new Khaos 146" with the 650 in it would be a really fun sled, and with less power and less track it would add some challenge on steeper hills or in deeper snow. I'm honestly contemplating going that way instead of Boost

That’s totally fine.

Probably for the best if you feel that way.

I’m always looking for more with the snow we have here.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Was the ski-doo down a cylinder? Or maybe they made a mistake and put a turbo sticker on but not an actual turbo?
That was embarrassing.

It’s similar to the aftermarket guy’s testing silber doo 850 vs silber poo 850.

The doo trenches on takeoff and takes awhile to get on top of the snow.

Once moving the Polaris really shows the added power and widens the gap.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
This video is impressive not only what the 155 can do but how it compares to the doo! I'm glad they lined them up and even had Jon Jean, the doo rider say he was impressed. I know most guys including me, aren't anywhere near Turcottes skill level but how he could pop it out of the snow and spin it around was unreal.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I can’t get over how bad it sounds. Been a few explanations around here for it, but you’d think the would want them dialed for any filming. Noticed the same on the one Matt Entz had.

Burandt’s sounds perfect, so does the one Dan Adams filmed with.

F
Aug 18, 2013
I can’t get over how bad it sounds. Been a few explanations around here for it, but you’d think the would want them dialed for any filming. Noticed the same on the one Matt Entz had.

Burandt’s sounds perfect, so does the one Dan Adams filmed with.

I could live with that weird wavering sound if the sled rips like it does in that video.

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
the doo takes too much time to climb on the snow to beat a short race on a hill with a poo.

the doo engine is awesome but the power it makes is not fully applied to move forward most of the time.

people love their "stuck vertically" pictures on Instagram but it's not very useful to climb a hill or beat a poo with the skis hovering on top of the snow.

Premium Features