• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"FBF" Throttle/Oil Cables

Newfusion900

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2011
Blain, Pa
How long are these cables going to be for sale. My stock one is working fine but I would like to replace it next summer when I pull my motor to replace the mounts and install new 06 pistons?

Newfusion900

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2011
Blain, Pa
Anyone get any pics of the cable Donbrown is selling yet. Curious to see what they look like. Thanks

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
To get the deal on a quantity discount I bought several. Sold to vendors and have some left over.

They are the spliced cable and darn near identical to the FBF. FBF made two lenghts so you could put a riser on the handle bars.

I believe this is the longer one and measures 50 inches for the oil and 47.5 inches for the throttle sheath.

You can leave the extra 6 inches under the hood until needed ... or never pull it out.

No mods on the sled except removing some linkage to the oil cable since this replaces it.

Very smooth !

Anyone get any pics of the cable Donbrown is selling yet. Curious to see what they look like. Thanks

I purchased one of Don Brown's cables and it arrived yesterday:face-icon-small-hap

The cable appears to be a very high quality piece, I am really excited to get it installed this Saturday hopefully:D

Communication was great and everything is exactly how I expected it to be... THANKS Don:beer;

100_7424.jpg

100_7425.jpg

100_7427.jpg

Last edited:
S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
I purchased one of Don Brown's cables and it arrived yesterday:face-icon-small-hap

The cable appears to be a very high quality piece, I am really excited to get it installed this Saturday hopefully:D

Communication was great and everything is exactly how I expected it to be... THANKS Don:beer;

100_7424.jpg

100_7425.jpg

100_7427.jpg

Looks like a great product, I am sure Don will be getting a few orders placed before the snow falls. Great price that cannot be beaten, already in stock and a heck of an improvement over stock junk.

EDIT- just posted these pics on the thread over on the flatlanders forum (HCS) along with your email addy donbrown that was on your original thread in the swapmeet. Hope they get some orders thrown your way. :rockon:

Last edited:

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Thank you for the pics.

I do not have anymore split cables for the 900

EXCEPT for a single cable ... which does not fix the problem.

I will call the cable company back east by HTG and ask if the will make another batch and for how much.

M

Mech Engr

Sep 27, 2010
Mountains
cables

Don't forget that you can get a cable from Motion Pro any time by calling them and giving them the part number I posted above. They will start production of your cable right away and you'll have it in less than two weeks. $43 plus shipping and tax if in CA.

John

S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
Don't forget that you can get a cable from Motion Pro any time by calling them and giving them the part number I posted above. They will start production of your cable right away and you'll have it in less than two weeks. $43 plus shipping and tax if in CA.

John

Yes that is the original reason I started the thread (link a couple posts up) over @ HCS for these cables.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
What do you guys use for cable lube and what is the best process to lube it before installation?

I would use graphite since it won't gum up like grease. Get a little tube for a couple buck.

If you want to get real fancy suspend the graphite is isopropol alcohol (rubbing alcohol) and poor it into the cable. The graphite will soak in everywhere and the alcohol will evaporate.

351wpwr

Oct 9, 2011
Unfortunatly the cable from Don didn't work. The throttle can't go the last third closed to get it to idle and the oil side is too much cable. I may have just gotten a bad one where they made the oil the throttle and the throttle the oil. Nonetheless Don refunded my money and is a great guy! I am going to order a motion pro now.

M

Mech Engr

Sep 27, 2010
Mountains
cable

What do you guys use for cable lube and what is the best process to lube it before installation?

I have used Tri-Flow for 30+ years with great sucess on all my dirt and street bikes, quads, watercraft and now snowmobiles. It is actually quite a bit thinner than grease and won't ever gum up as Don had mentioned about grease. You can buy a comercial cable luber (pictured bleow) that all the shops use. They are well under $20 and will serve you well for all your toys with cables to lube!! You clamp the luber to the end of the cable and insert the little red straw they give you with the Tri-Flow into the hole in the luber and spray. You'll see the lube coming out the oposite end of the cable and know your done. Once every couple years I spray brake cleaner in the cable to clean and re-apply the Tri-Flow to lube. The luber below is $7.95 on EBAY and includes free shipping!

P.S. I have installed the Motion Pro Cable and it works perfectly and is dead center in both adjustment bands.

John

Attachments

• 140.jpg
    140.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 809

dyrengd

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2009
Sanpete County, UT
Just ordered a cable too. Just as well replace while the motor is on the garage floor. Thanks for the work in getting this set up. The order went great. Just told them the part number and they told me 5 to 6 business days.

351wpwr

Oct 9, 2011
I just installed my cable from Motion Pro and just want to thank you for making a part number for this. IT IS PERFECT and my throttle works better than ever! Thank you again!

Dec 21, 2010
Wisconsin
The dual cable eliminates all the linkage from the throttle to the oil lever with the second cable splicing off the throttle cable.

Takes about 20 minutes to install.

Makes the throttle much easier to squeeze.

Again have the 50 inch cable for $35 delivered.

The proceedure is posted here ... can you find it?

i am looking for some cables but cant find FBF either can you PM i would like to order a set if your willing thanks

S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
i am looking for some cables but cant find FBF either can you PM i would like to order a set if your willing thanks

The ones from donbrown weren't fitting and I think he doesn't have any more. Only option is to call Motion Pro in one of the previous posts above as FBF has been MIA for a while.

Premium Features