• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Extrovert Drivers For Older Yeti Kits

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
Wondering if anyone has successfully swapped out the factory drivers for the extroverts that come on the SS models or other brands, for the 2017-2019 yeti free ride kits with the 12.5" track? Did some searching and could not find any info. Thanks

El Gringo

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Hi, I have ordered a set but they have not arrived yet, should be able to tell you if they fit in about a week. No one at C3 or Camso would confirm or deny if they fit, but I can't see why they wouldn't.

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Still waiting on parts from Camso to try this........slow this time of year!

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Parts are arriving today so we should have some confirmation this week I hope.

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
I’d be interested in the Avids if they have a larger offset than these yeti ones.
The yeti extroverts do fit for all wondering. it is pretty tight, not the ideal positioning on the shaft, and I may need to readjust an 1/8th yet, will try out this weekend

El Gringo

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Just got my Camso extroverts, I don't think they will work on the 2016 Yeti. The drive axle goes from hex to round about 3/4" too soon on both sides, so only just over half of the driver would be on the hex the rest would be on a round shaft. Might be OK for awhile but probably not good long term. Anyone want to buy some Camso extroverts???

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
you are absolutely correct in this. The driver only remains roughly half in the hex portion. I don’t know how to post pics cause I have a bunch. I also have the 19 brake caliper, they do fit, and they do work well for a limited period. I decided to give it try but I ended up spinning them on the shaft after about 40km of mountain riding. Ended up doing a bike rescue mission and switched back to stock drivers for the time being. So yes they work, but I also would not recommend it

I’d be interested in details on the above mentioned new avid driver

Just got my Camso extroverts, I don't think they will work on the 2016 Yeti. The drive axle goes from hex to round about 3/4" too soon on both sides, so only just over half of the driver would be on the hex the rest would be on a round shaft. Might be OK for awhile but probably not good long term. Anyone want to buy some Camso extroverts???

A
Jan 4, 2015
Canada
Any picture of those drivers ?

Are you in Canada ? How much ? PM me.

El Gringo

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2010
Calgary Alberta
Any picture of those drivers ?

Are you in Canada ? How much ? PM me.
Hi, yes I am in Canada, I can text you some picture of the drivers if you like, I dont know how to post pics on here. I will check on what I paid for the drivers and let you know on price.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Call Robbie at Avid. He’ll make you whatever you want and it will show up when he says. He built me a nice set to clear a 3in track with a cooler.

I like supporting the little guys. Not much talent left at Yeti anymore

Premium Features