• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EXO Sled, your thoughts?

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
Hi Guys, have a look at the EXO sled in action in Revy if ya like. It's a new single ski design that opens up a new kind of riding with the power of a sled, some similarities to a snow bike but also unlike both of them. Take a look and discuss.

Louie

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
i think the concept is awesome, but looks like this kit adds weight which is no bueno.
beets bangin gears on an underpowered snobike tho.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
looks cool

I'm going to type it exo sled every time I talk about it though.

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
It adds 8 pounds, put a can in it and you are ahead by 6 pounds lighter.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Just watched the install video. Some people are just handy. Looks like a snow hawk on steroids. I would love to try one. Definitely weeds out any gripes i had about the snow hawk. Hope it works for them

L

lshobie

Oct 22, 2009
Ya he owned (EXO Sled engineer) the last snow hawk off the line if I remember correctly - he rode it for years and wanted to make something better. Hie is very talented and has experience in the industry.

Last edited:
C
Nov 29, 2008
Thinking about the same ...
Never rode a snowhawk but looks like it was headed in the right direction ...with Covid19 downtime I'm thinking about how to move it closer to a snow bike but still keep the fun factor of a sled....

Going to look for a scrapped yz450 frame that I can cut apart in order to mount the track kit much further forward - tie track kit directly into the frame and not the swing arm so that the leading edge of the track is closer to the back end of the ski. This would shorten to length considerably and centre rider over the track drivers ...

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Looks really fun in the right terrain but it won't be stellar on super steep stuff in the trees. It is going to panel out way quicker. Thinking it's a handful in tight trees. Definitely a learning curve at the least.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
It's pushing the envelope , the big manufactures aren't ready yet to pull the trigger on a one ski but there's a few of us that have no problem making a 500 # one ski do what it needs to . Trees are an obstacle course to rip threw and not look back :)

P
Dec 18, 2017
Wide bulk, wide bords. Imagine try to steer going downhill, Or steep sidehillin sitting on that bullhead. Is the ski in contakt whit the snow?
Ski infront of track is a good thing.+

Engine still half a meter infront of ware it sits on a snowbike. Big -

This whil not be a hit. That is my guess. Sorry...

Premium Features