• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Exhaust valve delo iOS help

N

nate18

Jan 3, 2009
2013 800 rmk, exhaust valves not functioning and only 7k rpms. Plugged vent line from selenoid and got rpms back but have what I think is a lean bog at about 5300-5800 rpm with deceleration when running plugged. Selonoid seems to work when 12 volts is applied. Unplugged from harness and hooked volt meter up and started sled. Selenoid is getting 12 volts at idle and all thru the rpm range. Doesn’t seem to shut off voltage anywhere. Any other testing I can do? Don’t even know if this was a good test. Thank you

1madbird

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
West Bountiful, Utah
What makes you think the exhaust valves are not working? There are springs and a diaphragm in side the actual valve along with a vacuum port that is also part of the control. The only way to truly know if they are working is to put a hole in the cap and put s wire or something inside to monitor there movement. If they are in question i would remove them and make sure they are clean. Also make sure the spring and diaphragm are in good shape and make sure the port that goes to the cylinder is clean and clear. The port starts out at 5mm and goes down to 2mm you should be able to see light through it with a light in the cylinder when the piston is at BDC. Stock spring is an orange and they are prone to rusting. I dont think the stock spring allows the valve to move until around 7000 or 7500 and it is also load dependent. You can read this thread to get more info on how to clean it. https://www.snowest.com/forum/threa...sh-and-no-top-end-power-valve-problem.345760/

Premium Features