• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Exhaust valve cables problem...

F
Apr 7, 2019
Sweden
Hey guys! So, my 2020 Mtn Cat has this issue where the exhaust valve cables jumps off the servomotor time and time again. My dealer has cleaned the ports, the cables (of course adjusted them) and even now changed the servomotor....without success.

On top of it the e-start doesen’t work, that fault is most likely a wiringharness issue since all components regarding the E-start exccept the harness has been changed.

so...could these issues be related? Could it be an electrical fault that somehow messes with the servomotor?

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Hey guys! So, my 2020 Mtn Cat has this issue where the exhaust valve cables jumps off the servomotor time and time again. My dealer has cleaned the ports, the cables (of course adjusted them) and even now changed the servomotor....without success.

On top of it the e-start doesen’t work, that fault is most likely a wiringharness issue since all components regarding the E-start exccept the harness has been changed.

so...could these issues be related? Could it be an electrical fault that somehow messes with the servomotor?
Most likely not an electrical issue for the servo motor. The 20 had the retaining clip for holding the cable replaced. Part number 0909-052 make sure yours is in place and looks good

F
Apr 7, 2019
Sweden
Thanks for answering!
That clip was changed last season and is in place, that was also one of the things the dealer checked this time around. I’m realy short on ideas for this matter...thank god for warranty but the dealer is also kind’a short on ideas. We are thinking electric issues...but nothing is certain at this moment.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
The newer sled could still have the same problem. The new design of the cable pulley allows the cables to pop out easier. What the above posted video and put the washer on and solve the problem for good

Premium Features