• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Exhaust cooker question?

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Just put a lunch cooker on the exhaust can, and looks like if the cooker isn’t in the holder it’s going to raddle like hell. Do all of you with cookers leave the in the sled all the time?

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
Yes. The only time mine has rattled was when one of the clips for the lid bent and did not snap tight. After I bent it back I haven't had any noises since.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Where is everyone mounting them on the Axys chassis?

I put a SLP can cooker version of their silencer on mine. The stock exhaust can leaves zero room to install one.... On my 2019 I actually put it on the Y pipe and got to it through the oil side of the sled. The issue was you had to remove the spare belt holder everytime....

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
try and use oven bags keeps the cooker clean and when i dont use them my food gets a black color to the side that was touching the cooker.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
try and use oven bags keeps the cooker clean and when i dont use them my food gets a black color to the side that was touching the cooker.
Hot dogger?
Aluminum cookers make a black mess all over the food.
Stainless cookers are much cleaner.
Muff pot and trail chef. Trail chef is built better with a rolled lip.

Sent it

Winshady

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 16, 2019
Northern California
I’m curious as to what you guys cook on them. I’m new to snowmobiling, 1.5 seasons. I’ve tried hot pockets( poor results) leftover sandwich from previous nights dinner(yum) and half a burrito. All in oven bags. One guy I rode with claimed pizza is the way to go, because we all know you can eat pizza cold, warm is just a bonus!

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I use parchment paper to line my HotDogger.

I have cut up prime rib to bite size pieces, chicken wings, shrimp, game sausage, store bought burrito/chimichanga (2 will fit tight). But I really like cut up pork chop or chicken on rice or something similar. Breaks up the monotony of burritos.

Then when you suit up for the blitz back to the truck a Hostess fruit pie is awesome for the drive off the hill. Not good for you, but they taste awesome while thawing out with the seat heaters on high.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Choose the pizza carefully.
A pizza loaded with veggies can turn into a pizza soup, pretty gross. Simple cheese or pepperoni works best.
I like little smokies and regular full size sausage. Bring some buns and mustard.
Greasy foods like sausage will make a greasy mess under the entire hood if u don't use oven bags.

Sent it

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
I use parchment paper to line my HotDogger.

I have cut up prime rib to bite size pieces, chicken wings, shrimp, game sausage, store bought burrito/chimichanga (2 will fit tight). But I really like cut up pork chop or chicken on rice or something similar. Breaks up the monotony of burritos.

Then when you suit up for the blitz back to the truck a Hostess fruit pie is awesome for the drive off the hill. Not good for you, but they taste awesome while thawing out with the seat heaters on high.

I do a lot of similar things. Hot shrimp in butter seems to be a favorite.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Where is everyone mounting them on the Axys chassis?
Right on top of my Straightline Can.
608a3315d47b5e2e463cdd332b57dcaa.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

kahonies

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
I’m curious as to what you guys cook on them. I’m new to snowmobiling, 1.5 seasons. I’ve tried hot pockets( poor results) leftover sandwich from previous nights dinner(yum) and half a burrito. All in oven bags. One guy I rode with claimed pizza is the way to go, because we all know you can eat pizza cold, warm is just a bonus!
Prime Rib, Asparagus, baked potato only way to go delicious

B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
I often do smokies and instead of buns that get all mashed up in the tunnel bag use tortilla shells. Pizza works really well but my favourite is probably pasta just whatever is leftover from the night before.

S
The only time I leave the Pot in the mount is when it is cooking something. It does have a little rattle but I rarely notice it. I use the Full Throttle Inc Hot Pot. I mostly do Taquitos. I can usually fit 10 of them in there and there's always plenty to share. I've also done little smokies with BBQ sauce and frozen apple pie for the ride home. I usually pack some chocolate milk to go with the apple pie. I always use oven bags and just ran across a crock pot bag the other day. The smaller crock pot bag will probably work lots better. A few years ago I went to a snowbike and haven't been able to find a good mounting spot for the hot pot. It's been cold lunches ever since :( but lots of fun on the snowbike.

I

ice man

Jan 26, 2008
oliver bc canada
I cook every ride , only leave on when cooking , i mounted mine on a mbrp can with an slp pipe , i drilled a couple holes on the can struts and used exhaust springs to hold secure no rattling, my cooker is 20 years old stainless steel , this is the right heat in this location actually cooks , toasts bread , i tried where the pipe and can meet not enough heat . Wings , ribs , sausage, pizza , grill cheese , this is my best mod on my sled love it cooking all day
Ride on !!

20200922_094117.jpg 20200922_094503.jpg

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Gotta say, I'm a big fan of the cooker I've been using for a couple years on my old sled. Mounting it was a trial-and-error process: I finally ended up with it on the y-pipe side of the expansion pipe (which may not be an option on the "new" sled or for others). It actually came with one the PO had put on, but that one wore a hole in itself pretty quickly, so watch for rubbing. I sometimes leave it on empty, or the one I've got (Hot Pot) lets you clip the holder down if you leave it behind. Now that I've got a newer sled, I'm really wishing SLP made their cooker can for the Pro. Looks like there's only one can and cooker combo available, and I'm guessing it's loud. I suppose I'll end up with the add-on cooker, but an integrated one would be nice to avoid having to find a good spot and possibly damage something in the process.

As for what, I've had reasonably good luck with hot pockets, but they take time. Also, I'm pretty sure if the pot runs too hot, they just burn before they can cook through. With those, or pretty much anything, you should turn them at least once too cook evenly. I haven't got too elaborate, but seems like pretty much anything you would warm over or that cooks quickly will work, so use your imagination. On the oven bags, has anyone found any that are a good size for a typical pot? I can only find ones that are big enough to stuff a turkey in, way bigger than needed.

Premium Features