• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Excited 440 Exciter

T
Jan 2, 2012
Idaho
Well I am hoping some of you might get a kick out of this. This started as a project sled with the goal of getting a deep powered mountain sled without breaking the bank. I have a lot of buddies that will spend 10k+ on a sled but I was out to prove that I can have just as much fun on an old beater. Traded a non-running phazer for this 1980 Yamaha exciter 440. First step was finding guys parting out sleds and accumulating what I needed until I was ready to build, it’s been about a 3 month project. Motor is a 1984 el Tigre 500cc liquid cooled, truck ad suspension is a 144 with 2” paddles. Should have it out this weekend for some tuning. I will update more pictures when I get more time.

IMG_3687.JPG IMG_3692.JPG IMG_3695.JPG

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Sweet! But not much Exciter left in it eh? Hood, belly pan and skis? lol
My fave sled as a kid was my 76 Exciter 440. First sled I had that wasn't a "tank". Even had an air brushed picture of the sled running over a rabbit on top of the headlight!
I remember riding with one of my buddies and his dad. Kind of guy that had the best new everything but never really used it.
Took them "off trail" (it was Illinois, so not exactly high adventure) into some fields with some real powder. Sunk both of their new tanks, stuck, while I kept doing laps with the flipper taped to the bars! Guy was actually p!ssed off.... I didn't know sleds were supposed to be trail only. lol

Now lets see some pics of that vintage K10!

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
That K10 is very nice .. Wish our rust belt could have old TANKs like that .. The kind that can push snow not cave a rocker in !!!

We have a guy around here that has a 1968 GMC Municipal K20 4X4 with three door option !!! And has half a clue how to take care of it .. He has no clue how the accessories work like the PTO Winch or the motor operated Roof mounted spot light, but he does know better than to trade me even up for a 02 Duramax Crewcab ..( I wasn't as interested after the previous owner had removed the 396 and put a 350 in it )

We are in a great place for collector cars we have one of the biggest collections of classic cars in the nation right by me, local trail cuts through the back yard .. 300 total including 30-40 Dusenberg's and a Tucker .

T
Jan 2, 2012
Idaho
Sweet! But not much Exciter left in it eh? Hood, belly pan and skis? lol
My fave sled as a kid was my 76 Exciter 440. First sled I had that wasn't a "tank". Even had an air brushed picture of the sled running over a rabbit on top of the headlight!
I remember riding with one of my buddies and his dad. Kind of guy that had the best new everything but never really used it.
Took them "off trail" (it was Illinois, so not exactly high adventure) into some fields with some real powder. Sunk both of their new tanks, stuck, while I kept doing laps with the flipper taped to the bars! Guy was actually p!ssed off.... I didn't know sleds were supposed to be trail only. lol

Now lets see some pics of that vintage K10!

K10 belonged to my father in law he had it sitting in a barn for 20 years I convinced him give it to my wife and I as a wedding present. my wife said she knows I will never divorce her because I wont want to give up the truck! its been my daily driver, dang good truck

IMG_7328.JPG IMG_0031.JPG

Premium Features