• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Engine Straps don't fit on motor mount studs??

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
I am new to the Edge chasis and always struggled with the Rubix cube so what is the trick to getting the motor straps to fit on and off the front and rear motor mount studs.

The Polaris Shop Manual in the Engine Removal section implies that you simply remove the nuts off the motor mount studs and the motor with straps attached simply and lifts off the studs............doesnt seem like that's going to work for me.

I dont want to mount the motor by first attaching the motor straps to the rear studs and then bolt the rear motor mount brackets to the chasis.....shouldnt have to do it that way.

SO WHAT IS THE SECRET????? I appreciate any tips.

THANKS GUYS

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
That's exactly how you do it. Put the rear mounts on the straps first and set it in the chassis.

I don't even remove the rear mounts off the straps any more, just pull the mounts out of the chassis.

The one time I tried to do it without pulling the mounts I ruined a motor mount.

sled_guy

Premium Features