• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

End Play

S
Mar 8, 2011
The other day I installed a different secondary helix and spring in my 2020 expert 850. I went ahead and grabbed the primary clutch and moved it vertically and horizontally as I could, and it appears that there is end play. Is the normal fitment for this motor design? Mind you that the motor has only 500 miles and all this was done on a 'cold engine'. Thanks for reading!

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
The other day I installed a different secondary helix and spring in my 2020 expert 850. I went ahead and grabbed the primary clutch and moved it vertically and horizontally as I could, and it appears that there is end play. Is the normal fitment for this motor design? Mind you that the motor has only 500 miles and all this was done on a 'cold engine'. Thanks for reading!

Endplay and engine mounts moving are different. Yes you can get the engine to move in the mounts.

S
Mar 8, 2011
Yes I know. Sled has the grip n rip torque stop, not saying that it fixes the flex in the motor mounts. This definitely feels like slop within the crank and case. Sled does have SHOT and my initial thought was the motor was designed with some movement in-order to assist in starting.

Idahodoo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Pocatello Idaho
www.jcscutomvents.com
I have never felt any end play on any of my sleds within the crank and case either, Don't sound good IMO

Cold or warm motor shouldn't make any difference. Did ya happen to check the primary bolt torque? Maybe pull primary & grab crank to see if ya get any movement there, if not check primary out for something amiss while its off.

Last edited:
Premium Features