• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Elevate broken rail

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
My guess is that is internet bs. I have an elevate kit and a bunch of others have them, that are on here, with no problems. Have heard of very few rails broke period. Just remember that you only hear about the couple bad ones and not the 1000 good ones. The elevate kit is awesome. Goes through the snow way better.

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Seen a lot broken across the board for various reasons, some elevated most not (since there are a lot more stock sleds)

They seem to be more related to just random hard impacts. I've seen them break under very conservative riders in under 300 miles. and other guys flog them for well over 1000 with no issues. Seems to be an unfortunate luck of the draw if you just catch something wrong. Normal twin rail sleds just bend a little. The Alpha rail breaks.

S
Oct 23, 2019
Seen a lot broken across the board for various reasons, some elevated most not (since there are a lot more stock sleds)

They seem to be more related to just random hard impacts. I've seen them break under very conservative riders in under 300 miles. and other guys flog them for well over 1000 with no issues. Seems to be an unfortunate luck of the draw if you just catch something wrong. Normal twin rail sleds just bend a little. The Alpha rail breaks.

Normal twin rail sleds break all the time, I have seen at least 5 completely broken twin rail setup come thru our shop this year and only 1 broken alpha rail which was caused by absolutely smashing a rock and it still was not broken fully and very rideable still. Twin rail sleds do more than just bend a little. they break also

Premium Features