• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Electronic reverse possibility

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I've been working with flatspeed on programming his M7 electronic reverse module to work on a Carbed 900. Thought some of you might be interested, and saw 1Mike900 comment in there.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412274

We're very close to getting this working.

Anyone who does this will need to either modify their secondary with encapsulated rollers, slotted for reverse, or use a solution like a Team secondary with a reverse helix.

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Are you guys doing the 1M900? Still think there would be a big market for the 07-08 M guys.

I'm only working with him on modifying the programming to work on the 900 Carb.
He did it for the M7 EFI. I imagine it would probably work with little to no modification on the M8, possibly the M1000, depending on what the flywheel triggers look like compared to the M7.

I think it would also work just fine as is on the 8/900 EFI engines, since they use essentially the same flywheel the M7 does.

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
No updates yet. Holidays got in the way of testing. Should work on big-bores, ours is a 975. I don't know if he'll charge different for the different program. He's got the M7 ones listed at $330 Canadian.

U
Nov 28, 2007
Alaska
Reverse

No updates yet. Holidays got in the way of testing. Should work on big-bores, ours is a 975. I don't know if he'll charge different for the different program. He's got the M7 ones listed at $330 Canadian.

So would this be like a piggyback on the existing CDI box ?
Or would this be a whole new ignition system?
I know a guy that was trying to make a Polaris 800 ignition system work.. but after a while he gave up....

Brad (1200 psi) used to make a Ducati system that (didn't have the TPS sensor and you could adjust the timing on the flyer wheel ) was based off the 700 Polaris for a lot of the 1150's ..
In any case I would be interested in one ?

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
This is a piggyback on the stock system. It's a simply box that plugs into power, and inline with the timing sensor. You hit the included button, it shuts down, and re-starts in reverse, just like the stock ones do. It does that by putting a delay on the signal coming from the timing sensor.

I have thought repeatedly about adapting either the polaris system, or a Ski-Doo 800. Biggest issue is finding a flywheel with the right taper, then getting the timing sensor location(s) correct. Also was going to wire up a second timing sensor on a switch, in the right location to run in reverse.

This should be easier once we get the programming 100% correct.

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Any new news? Is this for EFI only, or carbed OK? Thanks

No new news, he's been busy with updates and building kits, and I've been busy.

The version he has now will actually work with the EFI's as is, since they essentially share a flywheel with the M7. I am confident we will be able to make the carbed version work, just need time.

flatspeed

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Sicamous, BC
Guess I'll chime in.
I sent a kit to a fellow with a zr900 efi awhile back for testing and apparently it works. I think the only difference was the fuel pump connector.

I don't know much about these sleds but I'm assuming it's the same on the 1M?
Also what does the secondary look like? Ie. What are the chances of getting a helix on there with the reverse cut on it

If anyone can figure that out, then I can make it happen (for EFI)

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Guess I'll chime in.
I sent a kit to a fellow with a zr900 efi awhile back for testing and apparently it works. I think the only difference was the fuel pump connector.

I don't know much about these sleds but I'm assuming it's the same on the 1M?
Also what does the secondary look like? Ie. What are the chances of getting a helix on there with the reverse cut on it

If anyone can figure that out, then I can make it happen (for EFI)

Engine is the same. We also tried the one you sent me on a 900 EFI, and it did work.

Secondary is an issue, pretty much have to replace it with a team clutch of some sort, with a reverse helix.

Premium Features