• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Electric start Clutch adjsutment

RanOutofTalent

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2014
Western Montana
I added an electric start to the wife's 2020 Axys 800 and it works well. But when I rode it today I noticed it was over revving really easily up to 8500-8600 RPM and the sled would act funny if I full pinned it, kinda like it wanted to cut out. Is this from now having the correct amount of weight in the primary?
When I installed the kit I put the old clutch weights in that I believe were 10-66 as we ride mainly 6-9k. I will need to take it off and check it out this week to be sure.
If the weights are at 10-66 is there anything else I should be looking for to solve the issue?
This was a brand new ES kit from the dealer. Sled only has 350 miles on it.

Thanks

RanOutofTalent

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2014
Western Montana
Absolutely nothing to do with ES.

Well it does have something to do with the clutch as when you buy an ES it comes with an entirely new primary with the ringgear attached. As my post said I may have the wrong weights but as I can't get to the sled for 3-4 days I was trying to see if I was missing something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Well it does have something to do with the clutch as when you buy an ES it comes with an entirely new primary with the ringgear attached. As my post said I may have the wrong weights but as I can't get to the sled for 3-4 days I was trying to see if I was missing something.

Probably safe to assume you have the wrong weights in there.

Unless it’s a different spring?

If you put the cover on turned 60 degrees it would bind and give low rpm.

Same with a bad roller.

S
Mar 2, 2009
Did you properly clean the primary clutch? They can have machining oil etc. left on them, I cleaned mine with brake cleaner on a cloth and scuffed it up a bit with scotchbrite (like you would to remove belt residue) and the same clutching from my stock clutch worked great... Clutch ALIGNMENT was off however not enough to make it behave badly, seems the estart primary can have a different offset (.170 in my case).

RanOutofTalent

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2014
Western Montana
I had 10-66s in there and swapped them out for 10-68s. Rpms down to a consistent 8150
Still a little room for improvement.

Premium Features