• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

ECE 22-05 approved helmet

o2bncamo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 7, 2009
wisconsin
The ECE (Economic Commission for Europe) standard, R 22.05, is the European version of the DOT standard, though its tests are more rigorous. It is recognized by over 50 countries, and by every major racing organization in the world.

The DOT standard is sometimes criticized because it works on the honor system; manufacturers declare a helmet to conform to DOT standards themselves, and label it accordingly.

DOT Helmet Tests
  • Helmet is dropped onto a spherical anvil from a height of 1.83m
  • Helmet is dropped onto a flat anvil from a height of 1.83m
  • Pointed striker is dropped onto helmet
  • Weight is applied to retention system (up to 300 pounds of force for 120 seconds)
ECE testing is the most rigorous and most up-to-date. It is in many ways a combination of elements of both DOT and Snell procedures, with a few extras added in. ECE testing involves:
  • Impact absorption by dropping helmet onto a flat anvil
  • Testing chin strap buckle for slippage
  • Chin strap material is tested for tension failure at over 670 lbs. of force
  • Testing for abrasion resistance
  • Shell is tested for deformation under weight of nearly 150 lbs.
  • Visor is tested as an integral part of the helmet

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
Vernon
We are also seeing advancements in helmet construction directly related to concussions. If you are in the market for a new helmet I would not purchase anything with out MIPS or an equivalent construction.

Premium Features