• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Easy sled lift

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
link works from a windows computer.
i like the thought and ease but, if you try to use this method while stuck in the snow, you had better hope that the load applied to the tracks rod is less than the load retaining the sled.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
link works from a windows computer.
i like the thought and ease but, if you try to use this method while stuck in the snow, you had better hope that the load applied to the tracks rod is less than the load retaining the sled.

Throttle control lets you load it until your comfortable. You would not hit it hard and would be ready on the brake. It was very controllable.

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
There was once a commercial device based on the same theory. Had a Y with hooks on the the two points and a length on the single center point. Even though it hooked at two points, it was the same cross rod, but the old tracks were steel and thicker rubber.. This was also before reverse was common, so you started with the hooks on top of the track, tied the free end to a tree or other anchor, and pulled yourself out. It would also work going forward according to literature, hooking to bottom of track.

Never owned one but gave serious thought to building my own. Never did. Bought a SkiDoo instead.;)

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
I hear ya, going to ski doo would screw up the self powered option...?

Premium Features