• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Easy and good breakfast ideas for the morning ride

Castforcash

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2016
We call TP 'bush money'

A breakfast like that is gonna be expensive when it comes to the bush money usage!
I have always carried toilet paper with me and this is a classic! I'm stealing the Bush money if that's ok?!?

Frosted Flakes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2011
Most corrupt state in the union
Frosted Flakes and using a 1/2# sugar in oatmeal made me giggle! I can relate. Anyways, I make egg sandwiches for my riding group with a cool sandwich maker I found at Menards a few years ago. English muffin, egg, precooked meat and cheese. One sandwich hits the spot. Full of protein and carbs to keep you going.
I seen that egg sandwich maker and it was on clearance!!!

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
I never eat before riding. 1 bottle of water 1 cup of coffee. Sh!t , shower then ride. You can easily ride 6 hours without food. If you get hungry eat 1 cliff bar. Thats it. As soon as you eat your body starts processing food so you will get cold. Thats a fact. I don’t know how people eat a big meal from muff pot. You’ll get cold, need to drop a deuce then have itchy tail pipe since you can’t clean up well.

DON’T EAT super hydrate. water water water. You can go a week without food!

Winshady

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 16, 2019
Northern California
Thanks to this thread I’ve discovered a new breakfast! The breakfast casserole. It’s kinda like a quiche or a frittata but much fluffier- not so dense, and very tasty with sausage and bacon in it.
For muff pot rewarming the frittata might be a better choice as it’s a little more solid.
Anyone have any go-to muff pot meal ideas they’d like to share? I’ve tried hot pockets with mixed results. Leftover melty cheese and pastrami sandwich from dinner the night before worked out pretty well. All in an oven bag of course so the cooker doesn’t get nasty.

0106DE0F-88C6-492C-A129-B90D4FBF2E47.jpeg

Castforcash

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2016
I forget to mention when I posted this idea earlier in the thread. Pack it tightly in several layers of foil and put it in your muff pot!

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
I never eat before riding. 1 bottle of water 1 cup of coffee. Sh!t , shower then ride. You can easily ride 6 hours without food. If you get hungry eat 1 cliff bar. Thats it. As soon as you eat your body starts processing food so you will get cold. Thats a fact. I don’t know how people eat a big meal from muff pot. You’ll get cold, need to drop a deuce then have itchy tail pipe since you can’t clean up well.

DON’T EAT super hydrate. water water water. You can go a week without food!

Different things work different for everyone so do it if it works for you, but for the average person that will be doing anything remotely athletic, not eating breakfast before going out is a sure way to run low on energy and underperform throughout the day. I agree light snacks spread throughout the day are better than one big meal (same with hydrating; smaller water breaks more often) but heading out without having any "fuel in your tank" is not setting up your body for performance.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Holy crap, not eating before riding sounds nuts! lol I bet i'd crash on the way to the hill without breakfast... let alone try and ride my sled. I know that on any given ride day 2-3k calories get eaten and im starving the next day from complete calorie depletion. Then again coming home with more then 1-2 gallons of gas is rare too.

Taco bell bacon breakfast crunch wrap times 2 for breakfast.... Or if im cooking at home. 3-4 eggs, sausage/bacon mixed in and some peppers and onions. little salsa and sour cream gets a guy ready to rage. Then lots of snacks for the day.

NO TP needed. Nice solid getup and keeps you rocking.

I've also gotten some of the pedialtye pouches you dump into your water, helps keep you way more hydrated and flavored water is a lot easier to pound for me then just straight water. 1L of water and a pile of electrolytes etc keeps you from cramping up and floundering.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
When in west Yellowstone running bear pancake house. Sausages wrapped in pancakes with two eggs.

T
Apr 11, 2018
SE WI
Thanks to this thread I’ve discovered a new breakfast! The breakfast casserole.
Haven't done it for snowmobile trips but we do the casserole thing a lot. Its really nice for holiday mornings and such. We use a crock pot and found about 4 hours on low is perfect, but anything longer than 5 and it starts to burn the edges. Set everything up the night before and use a christmas tree timer to have it come on in the middle of the night so its ready to go in the morning.

H
Oct 14, 2009
Appleton Maine
Laughed my azz off reading this thread. "Bush Money" Friggegn awesome. Im pulling that one out next time I get together on the hill with the buds.
"anybody got any bush money, I need to go #2"

Premium Features