• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Easy and good breakfast ideas for the morning ride

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
^ You called them sht tickets! lol

Either way, beats cutting off the top of your sock or t shirt pocket!

There's a reason most of the hickory shirts loggers wear are missing half the sleeves and a pocket!

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
Holy crap, not eating before riding sounds nuts! lol I bet i'd crash on the way to the hill without breakfast... let alone try and ride my sled. I know that on any given ride day 2-3k calories get eaten and im starving the next day from complete calorie depletion. Then again coming home with more then 1-2 gallons of gas is rare too.

Taco bell bacon breakfast crunch wrap times 2 for breakfast.... Or if im cooking at home. 3-4 eggs, sausage/bacon mixed in and some peppers and onions. little salsa and sour cream gets a guy ready to rage. Then lots of snacks for the day.

NO TP needed. Nice solid getup and keeps you rocking.

I've also gotten some of the pedialtye pouches you dump into your water, helps keep you way more hydrated and flavored water is a lot easier to pound for me then just straight water. 1L of water and a pile of electrolytes etc keeps you from cramping up and floundering.

Eat after you are done riding. Try it a few times.. If you don’t eat you won’t get hungry. Your body will go into ketosis (burn stored fat)during ride. Thinking you need to start with 3000 calories is all mental.

Taco Hell is the worst thing you can eat anytime of day!

You only need WATER for a single day ride at ANY exertion level. Eat on the drive home. Take a protein bar on ride in case of emergency.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Eat after you are done riding. Try it a few times.. If you don’t eat you won’t get hungry. Your body will go into ketosis (burn stored fat)during ride. Thinking you need to start with 3000 calories is all mental.

Taco Hell is the worst thing you can eat anytime of day!

You only need WATER for a single day ride at ANY exertion level. Eat on the drive home. Take a protein bar on ride in case of emergency.

I understand the KETO diet, but it is not for everyone. It is also NOT a good thing to try for just one day, especially if you have trained the body to work well in a "fed" state. Ketosis is something you train your body to do over a period time and to work well in a "fasted" state. Then it does work and work well, provided one eats properly, and at the right times, and with the correct amount and composition of calories. It is a LONG and complicated way to live and eat, and there are MANY opinions on the proper way to go about it. This just the tip of the iceberg :)

Another thing to remember when recommending not eating all day, is that there are those who are diabetic or pre-diabetic, and would have a VERY rough time not eating for the whole day. The scary thing is that there are some who are at the threshold of diabetes and dont know it yet. Not eating would totally rock their world - in a very bad way! I ride with person sometimes who is diabetic and would not come home alive if he did not eat all day.

Last edited:

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
Nobody said don’t eat the whole day. Just not before a ride (breakfast). Which do you want your body to do.. ? Process food and be lethargic or burn fat during exercise? Its only 6 hours for most day rides. You can go a week without food, 1-1/2 days without water and 1-1/2 minutes without air.

Obviously someone that is a diabetic would need to understand their special condition and their limitations, and take advice from a doctor not a snowmobile web forum.

Winshady

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 16, 2019
Northern California
I’ve been regurgitating machaca breakfast burritos into my brand new helmet and having heartburn all day while riding. I’ve also been starving (not in mentzels sense) while riding where beef jersey won’t cut it. There is definitely a middle ground, and I think most guys tend towards a good breakfast with their riding buddies then snacks through the day. Maybe a few beers, maybe not.
what I feel a lot of guys don’t take into consideration is the altitude we mountain guys ride at. I live at 450’ MSL. I ride at 7k +. I might be out of shape but damn! that thin air hurts. Especially when digging out. That’s why we carry oxygen and nose hoses in the airpwhene we expect to be at altitude for a while.

Premium Features