• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

East coast to west trips

M
Sep 6, 2018
This is a broad topic but i'm sure some people on here do it. I'm from Buffalo NY and would love to get a group together over the next year/years to make a trip/trips out west....need some people as dedicated and passionate about our sport as I am. Id like to think someone is dreaming of some fresh powder turns instead of riding the hard pack trails over and over

Cornfusion

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2017
Western Pa
There are more guys this far east that go out than you would think. We all dream of pow turns instead of hard pack! Pm sent

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

schnid21

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2009
Check out these guys. The first time I went west I went with Jacob and his crew. It was a lot of fun. Met some great people. And pricing is great.

Now with the way the dollar is and being from Ontario, we generally just load up and drive to BC. Keep our sleds out there for the season and fly back and forth.

Cornfusion

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2017
Western Pa
It's bittersweet, the ends justify the means for sure. Although the more you travel it the less bothersome it becomes.

I take solace in thinking back to some locals we met one time who made the point that we get 5 days in a row of dedicated riding during the week when the mt is empty and they struggled to find time every weekend and they always have to ride when it's busiest.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
We drive 500 miles west on I80 to get to the mtns. Quite a few times over the years we have talked to guys from the Eastern US who happened to be at the same fuel station. At least one group has 1 or two people drive out with the sleds while the other guys fly out.

R
Mar 21, 2014
Niagara Falls, NY
I'm from Niagara Falls, NY and have been going out west now for the past 5 years. MOMS Motorsports or On Company Time are the best bang for your buck. Both are located in Michigan. All you need to do is show up with your sled and gear, load up, and relax in the toter home. I usually do 3-5 trips with these guys a year. $1095 (includes private club membership) gets you there with your sled and gear, includes hotel and 2 meals a day (Breakfast and Dinner). PM with any questions and I can get you setup with their information.

K
Sep 3, 2019
i put on 10,000-15,000 miles every winter commuting 6 hours one way to ride out of our cabin in northern Maine, been that way since i was a kid. This january my brother and I are driving from Massachusetts to Steamboat Colorado, were staying with a good friend of ours that lives out there for 25 days. My brother is flying back after 2 weeks, ill most likely be making the drive back solo. So yes there is other "like minded" individuals like your self this far east!

Premium Features