• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Easiest way to change reeds?

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Im going to be changing the reeds on my axys with a boondocker sidekick turbo. I saw a picture a while back of someone who removed the gas tank to install the turbo and thought that would be a good way to do the reeds, since pulling all the turbo parts out is a pain to get in to the reeds if I dont need to. Anybody have any insight before I start the job and waste a bunch of time doing it the wrong way.

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
I have a silber kit, and I replaced the rubber throttle body boot, (i had tear in mine). To do that I had to get to the reeds. I did not have to remove the tank or seat.

I removed the secondary clutch, the intake charge pipe going to the throttle bodies. That gave me enough room.

Brish

Lifetime Membership
Sep 24, 2014
Removing the tank I was able to change my reeds and have it back together in a hour and a half. If you remove the tank be carful to not strip the carriage bolt heads that holds the tank down.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Removing the tank I was able to change my reeds and have it back together in a hour and a half. If you remove the tank be carful to not strip the carriage bolt heads that holds the tank down.

when you do.

here’s the fix.

cut the sides down so it fits in the slot.

use 1/4-20 ss acorn nuts to fasten tank and seat bracket.

Premium Features