• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dyno in Central Alberta.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Rumor has it Dave at Redline is going to be setting up a dyno and eventually set up to do some tuning as well. I am sure Dave and others will chime in.

Projected date was late November?

The bit of research I have done show there is not many places available in the area for dyno or dyno tuning?

Pretty sure they will be running the dyno that measures output off the crank not off the track.

Tues..

H

hotmail

Sep 30, 2011
NORWAY
Rumor has it Dave at Redline is going to be setting up a dyno and eventually set up to do some tuning as well. I am sure Dave and others will chime in.

Projected date was late November?

The bit of research I have done show there is not many places available in the area for dyno or dyno tuning?

Pretty sure they will be running the dyno that measures output off the crank not off the track.

Tues..
Remember to put in the factor in the dyno whwn you dyno the apex. 1,233333

S

SylvanLaker

Nov 26, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB. Canada
News gets out fast..... Should be ready in December sometime... Got a lot of setup to do first and we'll be purchasing a gas analyzer so we can tune to complete combustion for best power. Making sure the CO levels are right and there aren't an excess of hydrocarbons is just the beginning to pulling every last HP out of the motor. No tuning to a guessed air fuel ratio. It will be high tech and guaranteed HP gains..

H

hotmail

Sep 30, 2011
NORWAY
News gets out fast..... Should be ready in December sometime... Got a lot of setup to do first and we'll be purchasing a gas analyzer so we can tune to complete combustion for best power. Making sure the CO levels are right and there aren't an excess of hydrocarbons is just the beginning to pulling every last HP out of the motor. No tuning to a guessed air fuel ratio. It will be high tech and guaranteed HP gains..

dynojet,dts dyno?

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Did a full pulls on the dyno today. Interesting to see how much power the kits make. Definitely makes tuning easier. Without datalogging pretty hard to watch gauges for long at 17+lbs boost. Get a better idea of when/how the power is made. Most people are concerned about top numbers and max hp but with the dyno can clean up the mid and bottom end as well. The kit builders put a lot of seat time into generic kits but they always leave room on the table.

Not sure what he plans yet for pricing. Probably around 225-250 to do a few dyno runs and basic diagnostic. Custom tuning after that would most likely be at a discounted rate.

I will post up the chart from the mcx 270 kit. It came in around 266 or so pretty close for not taking in cold winter air.

I am sure Dave will chime in again. Best time to do some dyno runs before the season takes off full blast.

Premium Features