• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dutchman Parking Article

johnathon007

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2016
central oregon
As far as I know the flats are protected land and they cant build on them. Otherwise they would have built a huge park many decades ago.

24drnkz

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bend, OR
This has been an ongoing issue for years and unfortunately they aren't going to address making Dutchman any bigger than it already is. It's sad that is has become overran with all the new people in the area. This past Saturday it was full at 615am. I guess the early bird gets the worm. My guess is that is will be closed completely to sleds in the coming years. There are a ton of vocal greenies in our area now, sad deal.

A
Nov 26, 2007
eugene, oregon
When we used to hit Marble Mtn. snopark on Mt St Helens in the past we would get there at 5:00 am then sleep in the truck till it got light. The only way to get a spot a few years back.

johnathon007

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2016
central oregon
Ive been thinking of parking in Bachelors lot and riding the side to dutchman. As long as we parked out of the way it probably wouldn't be a problem. We really just have to all get together and put a leash on the few *******s that give us a bad reputation. I know some here like their loud pipes but really Id like to see the clubs limit exhaust noise and the industry start working to quiet machines, in the long run that would help us a ton.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Once you make your sled quieter then they will say deep lug tracks are tearing up the trails too much. Then it will be the carbides on the skis dig in too deep, then the smell is too much, trailers take up too much room...

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
Until OSSA takes an aggressive stance, the sledders unite truly as one, tell some people to F OFF, and that douche ladle Sabo still has any say it will continue to get worse.

#1 quit grooming! Them idiots won't make it out of the Dutchman after a big storm!

#2 quit being nice! Where has it gotten us?? Less area to ride?? Less parking?? Let's try a new method!

#3 get the blue hairs out of OSSA!

#4 quit helping! How many times have we helped a granola out of the woods hurt, pulled their rig out of the parking lot, looked for their friends when they are lost etc. FOCK THEM! Explain you'd love to help, but their people force BS down our necks, so good luck!

I could go on and on!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Premium Features