• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Drop & Roll

Dec 16, 2007
Thinking of doing a drop & roll on a 01 rmk does anybody still make the templates and is one better than the other thanks

J

j.c.higgins

Nov 26, 2007
St. Albert, Alberta
Same thing here. Did a d&r using the Vanamberg template. Drops 1 5/8" down and 2 5/8" back. Took out my front cooler and i've got around 6" between the tips of my track and the bulkhead.Higgins.

C
Oct 4, 2009
Mishicot, WI
I'm looking at doing the same thing. some clarification would be nice.
So Do all drop and roll kits need a new chain case or are the ones with "plates" or templates just for redrilling the tunnel and use the stock chain case?

J
Dec 4, 2008
Malin, Oregon
I used the fabcraft d and r, it was a very extensive project. you might as well put a good tunnel on while you do it. With that said its a very nice kit and gives you a lot of room even with the front cooler in place.

C
Sep 13, 2008
wyoming
just did a va drop and roll what they didnt tell me is i also had to buy bearings\carriers on my own. no instructions, no parts list, no help from first couple phone calls. ask ? before you buy. much like you are doin now i guess... good luck

SnowXTC

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Montana
I have a 4 and 1 DnR. I had to replace the tunnel, so my new Ekholm came with a 4 and 1. I used the stock chaincase. Had to cut the brake mount off and reposition it, quite easy actually. You will most likely have to move the suspension back and down and possibly cut the tips. You can also do a poor man's DnR on it, simply by moving the suspension back. I would say it makes a difference and is worth it.

Premium Features