• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Driving to Revelstoke

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Another random question I just thought of.

We normally carry cash while on sled trips foe fuel. We typically just throw some in an envelope and pull all the truck fuel from that. While in Canada instead of having US cash are we better off using the credit card in place of dealing with US cash?

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
Another random question I just thought of.

We normally carry cash while on sled trips foe fuel. We typically just throw some in an envelope and pull all the truck fuel from that. While in Canada instead of having US cash are we better off using the credit card in place of dealing with US cash?

For sure. Take turns filling with cc's. Keep receipts and square up at the end of the trip if it matters. That way you get the proper exchange rate. If you want to use cash while in revy we just hit a bank and got the exchange rate there. Don't be shocked by the cost of beer booze and tobacco while there. It is really expensive. You are allowed a case of beer or a liter of booze at the border.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
There is no requirement to display anything in BC unless I'm mistaken.
Your mistaken. Sleds must me registered and have a BC off road plate or equivalent from another state or province. Liability insurance also required if riding on a FSR.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Yes, I believe the credit card is the best way to go because you get the exchange rate that day.
I have not snowmobiled in Canada for several years, but when I did I was able to get a visitors tax refund. I don't know if that is true today. I got crap about applying for it from one friend of mine at the time, but I still got a check in the mail. :eyebrows:
http://www.blueflag.ca/reports/rc4031-06e.pdf

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
How'd the trip go? Any updates/Pics?

It went great for the most part, but we got a bit busy at work when I got back and I have not had a chance to update with all my pictures yet. I hope to get them all up by this weekend.

The real only downside was we got caught in a pretty good size snow storm that added about 6-7 hours to our drive home. Otherwise all was well.

final stats of the trip......

60.02 Total hours in the truck.
3,558.8 Total miles.
Best tank was 10.8 mpg (While in Canada)
Worst tank was 6.2 mpg (a few of those bucking wind in Montana).

But I'm already booked into next year if that tells you anything about how fun it was. :face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features